Any tips on making a longer video?

ProductionPeople1

I Love YTtalk
I have been mainly making skits on youtube and all of the are only around a minute and I was wondering if there is ant tips on how to make a video longer. I want to start uploading 3:00 to 4:00 minute videos. So any tips?

Well it's not vlogging so you I cant do that. I guess the best way to put it is that they are similar to they same type of genre as a smosh video.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and see if I can fill in the blanks, you didn't give us much to work with in how you asked your question. But if you're asking how to make more complex storylines rather than just one punch gags, you have to not rush the idea. You have to let the idea unfold and continue to unfold, just because you think of a great punch line, don't just execute that punchline only, combine other ideas into your ideas, think of ways to expand the punchline by building it up with a side story or something. I have no idea if this is actually what you're asking but can't say I didn't try :p

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and see if I can fill in the blanks, you didn't give us much to work with in how you asked your question. But if you're asking how to make more complex storylines rather than just one punch gags, you have to not rush the idea. You have to let the idea unfold and continue to unfold, just because you think of a great punch line, don't just execute that punchline only, combine other ideas into your ideas, think of ways to expand the punchline by building it up with a side story or something. I have no idea if this is actually what you're asking but can't say I didn't try :p

Wow thats a good point! Alright so expand upon the idea! Thanks for the help man.

Wow thats a good point! Alright so expand upon the idea! Thanks for the help man.

No prob, the more you do it learn to sense when the video's too short. Sometimes one minute is perfect for a video, but sometimes I'll think of a really funny punch line, but something in me can tell it's not strong enough to stand on it's own. So I don't just leave it there, I start thinking "what's a backstory that could tie into this punchline that would be funny as well" sometimes I go through old unfinished ideas and find one that I realize I can incorporate. It's all a... it's a matter of learning to not think like the creator. have the idea, then envision it in your mind just like you're the audience, do you feel it had the right amount of impact? Do you feel something was missing? Does something in you say "that's funny but it should be like a part of a bigger story" you gotta just.. exercise your ability to sense these things. Good luck :)

This

And this

No prob, the more you do it learn to sense when the video's too short. Sometimes one minute is perfect for a video, but sometimes I'll think of a really funny punch line, but something in me can tell it's not strong enough to stand on it's own. So I don't just leave it there, I start thinking "what's a backstory that could tie into this punchline that would be funny as well" sometimes I go through old unfinished ideas and find one that I realize I can incorporate. It's all a... it's a matter of learning to not think like the creator. have the idea, then envision it in your mind just like you're the audience, do you feel it had the right amount of impact? Do you feel something was missing? Does something in you say "that's funny but it should be like a part of a bigger story" you gotta just.. exercise your ability to sense these things. Good luck :)

do exactly these things and you will be well on your way. Wright a loose script of what you want to do and fill in the holes. Do multiple takes on the skit watch it.. see what you can add and do it again until you get use to how you should think wwhen making longer videos

This

And this

do exactly these things and you will be well on your way. Wright a loose script of what you want to do and fill in the holes. Do multipletakes on the skit watch it.. see what you can add and do it again until you get use to how you should think wwhen making longer videos

and correct me if I'm wrong, but the more you stay at it, the more you start learning how to fit jokes within jokes within jokes and just truly maximizing the hilarity of each moment. You keep going "omg wait but why stop there, we could..." That's what happened to me at least :)

Making longer videos is useless if your content sucks and/or people don't watch. Your watch time would just go down the ******* if you just attempt to fling out garbage.

Back