Any suggestions on render settings?

I am currently recording with my HD PVR and edit with sony vegas, I was wondering if you could help improve my videos by changing some render setting making my videos more smoother and better quality? I have no idea what to change or edit to make them look better, all help is appreciated :)

If it lets you, You will want to do it in 720p, and you will want to set it to mp4. with H.264 Compression

As BigUOC said, there are many render setting tutorials on youtube, that actually show you where you have to go do etc :)

Make sure you don't edit in H.264, takes more power.
But yea, what are your current rendering settings? Also what game! I'd recommend a fixed bit rate either way, as it can sometimes get ugly when you use variable..

I have no idea what my render setting are right now, the game I am current playing and uploading Black Ops 2 on my xbox[DOUBLEPOST=1366560977,1366560304][/DOUBLEPOST]Also currently using 11 pro

If you are just looking to render in 720p (which in my opinion is all you need when watching on a regular sized PC monitor) then this is what I use when rendering all my videos!

First off, when you insert a video clip in, you wanna right click > properties > disable resample

That will stop your video from looking ghosty. (Adding in extra frames)

Next when customizing your template, om the audio tab you will need the following:

Include audio - Yes (Pretty obvious)
Mode - CBR
Format - Windows Media Audio 9.2
Attributes - 192kbps, 48 KHz etc.

Video tab:

Mode - CBR
Format - Windows Media Video 9
Image Size - High Def (1280x720)
Pixel Aspect Ratio - 1.000 (Square)
FPS - 29.97 (NTSC)
Seconds per keyframe - 5
Override default etc. - Yes
(seconds) - 3

Bit Rate tab:

Tick Internet Lan and set to 6M

Index/Summary tab isn't really important :)

Project tab:

Video rendering quality - BEst
Stereoscopic 3D mode - (Use Project Settings)

And that's it really! Sorry if I missed something out but i am using a different version of Sony Vegas but that is the basic guidelines and I am sure you can work from it!

-Gman

Back