Any advice on what I should do?

Tboneplaya21

He's One Popular Potato!
First off, I'd like to apologize for the length of this topic. It's a long subject but there is no real way I can think of to make it any shorter. So I wanted to make a video letting people know more about me. Given the videos I make, one could assume that i'm a fun loving guy who doesn't have a worry in the world and is just making videos to put on YouTube. This, however, is not the case. Granted, when i'm around people i'm familiar with, i'm a happy guy, but the honest truth is that around other people, i've gotten really good at faking it. In all honesty, around people I don't know i'm completely OCD in striving to not make a mistake. I have some confidence issues and usually spend way to much time then is needed editing my videos, because I want there to be no mistakes. I also have a fair amount of anxiety, and when that anxiety hits me, I get hit with a fair amount of depression. ANYWAY, I was wondering if I should make I video letting my subs know what is going on with me. I feel like i'm doing a lot of work and when I see no return, whether it be over time or immediately, I makes me assumed the worst.
All I simply want to say is that i'm being affected by all these things and would like to let people who watch my videos know that if they don't like them then that's okay, but if they know someone who would like them, that it would be nice to share and maybe like...I don't know. Again I apologize for the length of this topic and if you read all the way down to here, then Thank You Very Much. You have no idea how much this means to me.

Edit: Should I do a vlog or a gameplay with narration/commentary?

Its always good to humanize yourself. honestly that's why i like youtube more than tv, you never really see the human side of people on tv. I think your fans will truly apprentice the real side of you. As a hardcore youtube watcher (at times) i like to see that the most.

Its always good to humanize yourself. honestly that's why i like youtube more than tv, you never really see the human side of people on tv. I think your fans will truly apprentice the real side of you. As a hardcore youtube watcher (at times) i like to see that the most.
Thanks for the advice. I'm the same way. I've always prefered a YouTuber with a touching backstory. That's probably the main reason I have so much dislike for those 11-15 yr old kids who post nothing but CoD and Minecraft. But I digress...[DOUBLEPOST=1371429958,1371427973][/DOUBLEPOST]
Should I do a vlog or a gameplay with narration/commentary?

Thanks for the advice. I'm the same way. I've always prefered a YouTuber with a touching backstory. That's probably the main reason I have so much dislike for those 11-15 yr old kids who post nothing but CoD and Minecraft. But I digress...[DOUBLEPOST=1371429958,1371427973][/DOUBLEPOST]
Should I do a vlog or a gameplay with narration/commentary?

i would do it vlog style, the gameplay thing will distract from your message. IMO

Back