Answering comments is worth the work!

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
I recently received the following comment:
Someone_Responds.png

Positive feedback is a hundred times more unlikely than negative or no feedback as a rule of thumb.

So this comment means that about a hundred viewers (if not more) enjoy that I answer comments. Remember that when you check your channel's community section.

I try to answer all of my comments and pretty fast too. Like you say there is no doubt that viewers like to interact so no reasons not to really:) Of course if you have a video that is doing really well with a lot of comments it can be hard to give an answer to all, but I try anyways:up2:

Although I don’t have that many comments I always am so happy to reply and truly appreciate it (both on YouTube and Instagram) ^^ and I agree that it’s improtant to reply ~!

Absolutely. Obviously, the goal is to interact with your subscribers, and comments allow that. But in addition to that, you get the benefit of doubling your comments and even tripling your engagement rate. Part of the YouTube algorithm takes into account the rate of engagement of a particular video. If you get 100 comments and then in turn respond to every one of them, you have effectively DOUBLED your comments. But if you “like” or “love” each comment AND respond to each one, you have effectively TRIPLED your engagement rate for the algorithm.

TL;DR - do it for the benefit of building rapport with your subs, but also enjoy the massive increase in engagement for each video.

I always try to answer everything especially when someone takes the time to leave a nice comment on my video. Like it shows that i appreciate it because I do!!
i also think that I'd like people to respond to my comment, so why not :p

I also do it because I find it very annoying to get no answer to my comments on other creators' videos.

I believe answering comments is one of the best and easiest strategies to keeping subscribers and obtaining new ones. It shows you are willing to put in time to respond even if it is just a thanks. But also can create more engagement for you and viewers plus viewers can be helpful with creativity.

Haha but it will come to a point where you might not be able to reply to all when you get to a certain stage. But replying to comments when your channel is growing will not only increase engagement but also help build a community ^^

I'm not even big and people are surprised I answer comments. I do it as soon as I can. People like it. I also go to my subscriber's list and see who has videos of their own and comment on them unsolicited. I want the people that sub to me to be more like friends.

Youtube also counts comments in their algorithm so it's also in your selfish best interest to reply asap.

Back