[Answered] 1080p Question

Yep, the viewers won't really notice to be honest that it isn't quite 1080p, and it will also add an illusion of a little extra professionalism. But if your worried about internet and upload times, if you're a uni student or work somewhere with faster internet, you can upload from there. For example, at home it would take me about 11 hours to upload a 2gb video, while at Uni, it literally takes 30 seconds :p

As other people have said, you can't squeeze more resolution out of what you're putting in. I suggested up-res because some people just want their viewers to have the (illusory) option of 1080p, even if it's technically not true 1080p.

This is true. It's also worth noting that YouTube video compression is not the same quality as true high bit-rate HD video. So even good 1080p content doesn't look as clear on YouTube as it does on your computer before you upload it. This general quality lacking on the part of YouTube does take a bit of the sting out of upscaled video.

As other people have said, you can't squeeze more resolution out of what you're putting in. I suggested up-res because some people just want their viewers to have the (illusory) option of 1080p, even if it's technically not true 1080p.
Yep, the viewers won't really notice to be honest that it isn't quite 1080p, and it will also add an illusion of a little extra professionalism. But if your worried about internet and upload times, if you're a uni student or work somewhere with faster internet, you can upload from there. For example, at home it would take me about 11 hours to upload a 2gb video, while at Uni, it literally takes 30 seconds :p
This is true. It's also worth noting that YouTube video compression is not the same quality as true high bit-rate HD video. So even good 1080p content doesn't look as clear on YouTube as it does on your computer before you upload it. This general quality lacking on the part of YouTube does take a bit of the sting out of upscaled video.
Thank you everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it! :D

Back