Am I With The Right Network?

LuckySevenDX

Hello everyone. I'm LuckySevenDX.. I currently make Let's Plays on YouTube and i've been pretty successful so far with almost 10K subs at this point and about 45K-50K views a day. I've been partnered with FullScreen for almost exactly one year now and while I've been very pleased with them, I've been curious lately if there were ways to make even more without sacrificing too much creative control and network service and whatnot... after all, the more I make, the more I have to live off of and use to further other goals in life.

I've been comparing many networks so far, but I've been having trouble finding consistent data on which is better and which networks would pay the best CPM for my content. For example, some people say FullScreen is the best.. some people seem to say Fullscreen is the worst and i'm not really finding a good source of concrete data to compare networks, since it really does seem to vary depending on many factors. I was wondering if anyone here had any network recommendations based on where my channel currently is at or if anyone knew the best way to go about researching this and figuring out the most efficient way for me to continue to profit off of something I really love doing. Thanks!

Hello everyone. I'm LuckySevenDX.. I currently make Let's Plays on YouTube and i've been pretty successful so far with almost 10K subs at this point and about 45K-50K views a day. I've been partnered with FullScreen for almost exactly one year now and while I've been very pleased with them, I've been curious lately if there were ways to make even more without sacrificing too much creative control and network service and whatnot... after all, the more I make, the more I have to live off of and use to further other goals in life.

I've been comparing many networks so far, but I've been having trouble finding consistent data on which is better and which networks would pay the best CPM for my content. For example, some people say FullScreen is the best.. some people seem to say Fullscreen is the worst and i'm not really finding a good source of concrete data to compare networks, since it really does seem to vary depending on many factors. I was wondering if anyone here had any network recommendations based on where my channel currently is at or if anyone knew the best way to go about researching this and figuring out the most efficient way for me to continue to profit off of something I really love doing. Thanks!

I've not heard anything bad about Fullscreen myself. Many really popular channels (such as Five Second Films) are partnered with them. If you're looking to earn more, perhaps thing about having a sub-channel (sub-channels of Partners usually get partnered pretty quickly), or perhaps incorporating new/fresh content to attract more views (perhaps try and make a viral vid).

Unfortunately, earning through a network is always going to earn you less than direct through YouTube. Ah the life of a gamer channel :( lol. Good luck!

I've not heard anything bad about Fullscreen myself. Many really popular channels (such as Five Second Films) are partnered with them. If you're looking to earn more, perhaps thing about having a sub-channel (sub-channels of Partners usually get partnered pretty quickly), or perhaps incorporating new/fresh content to attract more views (perhaps try and make a viral vid).

Unfortunately, earning through a network is always going to earn you less than direct through YouTube. Ah the life of a gamer channel :( lol. Good luck!

Heh, it earns less, but I count my blessings for making anything at all, and honestly the amount i make isn't even half-bad. I'm just simply making sure there isn't any revenue i'm blatantly missing out on because I'm not partnered with the right network or I'm otherwise doing something wrong. Doesn't hurt to make sure. Also, I release daily content, so I would be hard-pressed to be able to release more than I already do ^^

Since I forgot to mention, its with their TinyGalaxy network.

Heh, it earns less, but I count my blessings for making anything at all, and honestly the amount i make isn't even half-bad. I'm just simply making sure there isn't any revenue i'm blatantly missing out on because I'm not partnered with the right network or I'm otherwise doing something wrong. Doesn't hurt to make sure. Also, I release daily content, so I would be hard-pressed to be able to release more than I already do ^^

Since I forgot to mention, its a 70-30 split on my current contract and its with their TinyGalaxy network.

70/30 isn't bad. Message Shane.Vultra, he's a network recruiter and he knows quite a lot about what kind of split is good. It's worth noting though, that you can't leave until your contract is up. How long do you have left on it?

Your monthly view average is a little bit above ours-you should be able to negotiate a very good contract when it's time to renew that will insure you will make decent money. I have no experience with gaming networks, but if you are considering Maker I can tell you that you need to do a lot more monthly views to get the same deal from Maker that you can get from Fullscreen right now. We went with Fullscreen because they were the only network that were willing to work with us on a contract that would help to maximize our income.

Since I forgot to mention, its a 70-30 split on my current contract and its with their TinyGalaxy network.

They're probably going to censor your comment because you're not supposed to reveal your contract details. I PMed you with 2 questions.

They're probably going to censor your comment because you're not supposed to reveal your contract details. I PMed you with 2 questions.

Editted that. Thanks, didn't realize I couldn't.. coulda sworn I saw people doing that when I was browsing the forum, but I musta been wrong. Whoops!

Check your inbox. I put in what you should be asking for.
Alright thanks.. though its not letting me reply to the PM since i'm new..

Also, I still have a year left on contract after looking it over again. I admittedly forgot about that.. its been a while since I looked at it... and this whole thought-process started with someone who is currently contracted with Fullscreen talking to me about switching to Machinima.. I guess he doesn't have such a binding contract then.

Either way, its best to research early and be in the know regardless of how long I have left, right? ^^ I'm still leaning towards Fullscreen anyway.. i'm just simply curious if I could have done better / should do better in the future come renewal.

That percentage is probably what you will be offered if you hold out for a better deal. I'd go with the quota to protect your bottom line. And try to sign the shortest contract possible. Nearly every contract will auto-renew with the exact same terms if you don't do anything, so there's never a reason to sign for a long time. Why sign for 3 years when a 6 month or 1 year contract can give you the same terms? If your channel is doing better when it's time to renew, ask for a better split. If you're not doing better, than just take the same deal you had before.

Back