Am I allowed to make videos of bigger channels like this?

Darkchaos4u

If anyone can help at all, it would be awesome! Thanks for your time

Can I re-do/re-make a video that a bigger channel uploaded?

For example, someone uploaded a "Thank You For 1K Subscribers" video. And if I were to change that person's words around to make the video maybe more funny or maybe even show that person repeatedly saying "Thank You" or something completely different.

I would not be trying to make a joke out of the person, their video or their channel, but just for entertainment purpose, I would like to show something different in that video, which would of course be a remix version of the original one.

Another Example:
Suppose if I made their video show that the person is racist, but just repeating a certain word they like to say. Once again, I would not be portraying that the person is racist but just make the video funny and entertaining. Is this acceptable to do? I would be explaining myself and my purpose for uploading the video, in the actual video.

Also, what happens if the original creator has their video monetized? Will I still be able to use their video on my channel? And do we have to disable monetization when we upload a video that someone else created?

Any kind of help would be great.

It's pretty simple.
If you use someone else's footage (in any way) without their permission, you run the risk of it being pulled and getting a strike.

Just get permission from the youtuber in question - I'm sure he will appreciate your video idea and would probably point his audience to the video also :)

Tip of the day..

if you don't as you don't get :)

It's pretty simple.
If you use someone else's footage (in any way) without their permission, you run the risk of it being pulled and getting a strike.
Thanks, I just needed to know about this. However, I do see people making these videos without permission from the original creator. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1447195205,1447195160][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just get permission from the youtuber in question - I'm sure he will appreciate your video idea and would probably point his audience to the video also :)

Tip of the day..

if you don't as you don't get :)
Thanks. :)

Yeah Like everyone says dont just rip from people who have trademarks on their channels w/o at least permission. Because then you run the risk of getting in trouble.

Back