Allowing other channels to use my videos to gain exposure

Lukas Kade

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get your opinions on whether or not you think it is a good idea to grant permission for other channels to reupload my videos in exchange for them crediting me and linking to my channel in their descriptions. I thought this might be a good way to gain extra subscribers. So far I let one channel much larger than mine use my video but even though they received over 8,000 views so far, my channel only gained a couple of subscribers. So I don't know if it is worth it yet, but will allowing other channels to use my videos put my own channel at risk of anything bad happening? Thanks.

I don't think you're particularly putting yourself at risk of anything, and it does seem like an effective means of gaining some exposure to start. If you start to build an audience and start generating income and no longer want anyone else to upload your videos, you don't have to allow them permission anymore. I was looking through Pewdiepie's most popular videos, and quite a few of them are reuploads from smaller channels who gained lots of exposure from it.

So no, I think the results will either be neutral for you or positive for you. But keep us updated!

If there's something I learned from YouTube... is that almost no one opens the description box unless you tell them or they can find something important there. No wonder why you are not getting subscribers. You can keep doing that if you think is helping but I would recommend you to make a deal and not only find you via a description. Add a short intro with your name or channel to the videos, tell the other channel to use cards, tell him to add your channel in the end screen or tell that person to talk about you or give you a shoutout

in my experience, I've given shoutouts to some people, other channels or twitch streamers and even if I talk about them they receive almost NO support, only once one youtuber received like 20 subs and he was really happy so that's cool but in my experience, I think is better to grow with your own channel.

Last edited:
It is a VERY good idea but you should go about this the right way. First get to know the owner of this channel so you a 100% sure that you trust him (if not hi might just have scored a free video to gain him more views). 1. Make him create an intro before the video with a shout out to you. 2. Make sure he links to you vid/channel in cards and endscreen and in a pinned comment. Then you are good IMO:up2:

I wouldn't do it. It would be far more beneficial for someone else to make their own video and then verbally promote your channel. Or as the person above suggested, have them create an intro. Otherwise, the viewers don't really even know they can watch you somewhere else. Why should they go to another channel when the whole video is right there? In this case you're just letting someone else reap the rewards of content that you made. Unless all you care about is getting your video seen regardless of where they see it I would try to focus on getting traffic to your own channel.

I would try to focus on getting traffic to your own channel.
I think that this is the point of it all:) Of course it is to get traffic to your own channel and if you go about it the right way working with bigger channels is very good for growth:up2: But as I mentioned above it is VERY important that you trust the guy and be sure to ge mentioned in the beginning of the video and to get channel-links too

I dont let other use my content. But that has not stopped other from using it! My content has been used by others hundreds if not thousands of times.
I have not the time to chase them all so just let it happen. Im sure my videos are sometimes suggested of theirs so perhaps we all win in the end?

Back