Allow a fan to make a montage of your videos or not?

clmar

Hi all! I would surely appreciate some help with a question from a viewer/fan. They asked if they could create a montage of our videos for their channel. Would you think this is okay to allow? Any terms to mention to them if we do allow it? I know I've seen other video montages done for other youtubers, but was never sure how those came to be. Any input? I'm a bit at a loss on how to handle it. It's probably not a big deal, but just haven't crossed this bridge before. Thanks in advance!!

Hi all! I would surely appreciate some help with a question from a viewer/fan. They asked if they could create a montage of our videos for their channel. Would you think this is okay to allow? Any terms to mention to them if we do allow it? I know I've seen other video montages done for other youtubers, but was never sure how those came to be. Any input? I'm a bit at a loss on how to handle it. It's probably not a big deal, but just haven't crossed this bridge before. Thanks in advance!!
If you own all the rights to everything in your video then it's up to you. If it were me I'd make sure they put a link to my channel in the description and make it clear where the videos came from.

I would like to see the result before the fan makes it public and like others said would like to have my channel link somewhere but then it's free promotion for me.

Yeah maybe ask for an example of their work or something, and check it before they publish.

Making montages are really fun though - consider making one for yourself sometime. :p

Make sure they mention you and link your channel to their video! You need to squeeze all the benefits you can from this thing.

Yeah maybe ask for an example of their work or something, and check it before they publish.

Making montages are really fun though - consider making one for yourself sometime. :p

Good point about seeing their work. They do have some on their channel, in fact that's all they have and it's just like maybe 4. Yes, perhaps we will have to make one someday ourselves! Thanks!![DOUBLEPOST=1447959563,1447959494][/DOUBLEPOST]
Make sure they mention you and link your channel to their video! You need to squeeze all the benefits you can from this thing.

I was thinking the same thing, trying to gain some exposure from it. It probably wouldn't be much, but if it's positive, then we will take it!

I say why not let them do it. It is sort of free advertisement for you honestly, so that is pretty cool. If someone sees their montage on their channel and likes it they might be like huh that youtuber is pretty cool let me check them out. Maybe ask them to at least link your channel in the description?

I say why not let them do it. It is sort of free advertisement for you honestly, so that is pretty cool. If someone sees their montage on their channel and likes it they might be like huh that youtuber is pretty cool let me check them out. Maybe ask them to at least link your channel in the description?
Good point!! Yes, the running theme here seems to be requiring they put a link back to us in their description. Great idea!! Thanks!

Back