Aged film effect

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
I made a new video that I really want to look good, but I'm having trouble using iMovie and quicktime's effects that make the video look old. They work fine on my computer, but when I upload the video on YouTube, it kind of skips and has some glitches. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice? I think I'm just going to go with black and white.

Black and white is good and is still used today, it also does make the film look old. If you are having problems then just use that :D

Sometimes the skips in frames create a more authentic antique filmreel look. It depends on whether you've planned for them and added sound, playful jumpcuts, or motion graphics to stylize the flaws. Color correcting film with strong three color contrasts, or taking the low road and tinting the footage with a sepia tone-- these are effects that you can manually create with the color wheel and contrast tools. As a last second though a heavy vignette is a good tool for simulating an older lens. Best of luck in the editing room. This footage was graded to appear aged emulating the emulsion of 1970's Kodak stock:

Sometimes the skips in frames create a more authentic antique filmreel look. It depends on whether you've planned for them and added sound, playful jumpcuts, or motion graphics to stylize the flaws. Color correcting film with strong three color contrasts, or taking the low road and tinting the footage with a sepia tone-- these are effects that you can manually create with the color wheel and contrast tools. As a last second though a heavy vignette is a good tool for simulating an older lens. Best of luck in the editing room. This footage was graded to appear aged emulating the emulsion of 1970's Kodak stock:
Thanks. And welcome to YTtalk. I found out about your videos on fireviews (which I learned about on here). Good to see you on here. Hope it helps you out.

Back