After advice on this copyright situation...new user!

Lord Evans

Hi all,

I recently tried uploading 2 videos I made using FRAPS from the film True Romance...they were both just clips I had put together...

Both videos were blocked automatically, and I received the following e-mail:

Hi ***********,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.

Video title: True Romance Best Scenes
Includes: Audiovisual content
Claimed by: MC for Warner Bros.

Why this can happen

• Your video might contain copyrighted content.
  • Copyright owners can choose to block YouTube videos that contain their content.

- The YouTube Team

Just wandered...I have had 2 of these now, and my account has some limitations until the end of the month (Bad standing expires 28/10/14)

I'm hoping this isn't the same as 'Copyright Strike' because I read if you get 3 of those it's game over and your account is TERMINATED! Can anyone reassure me?

Thanks

Yes, you get 3 and get terminated.
Sometimes you get mutiples in one day and its game over.
For example, in my music channel, I got 3 in one night and next morning, game over for me!

You have one chance left. That email is a strike. What limitations have they put on your account for the moment?

Just can't do videos over 15 minutes etc, it says on the guide that content ID is not a copyright strike though! Can anyone confirm I am 1 away from youtube death??? It's a content I'd block.

Back