Affiliate Links

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Short question; are affiliate links allowed on Youtube?

Affiliate links are links that people click on and if they sign up for the particular linked service, I get a cut of the income for referring them.

Does Youtube allow this or will they smash the banhammer in my face if I use them in my videos?

I've seen one channel who posts her links in her videos and even in her channel banner so I guess it's okay,

It's always a trigger to their anti spam systems. It's picked up very easily and get's you a strike. I would strongly advise you not to use them.

I don't have any experiences with affiliate links but I've seen channels. Let's wait for more comments. :)

I'm pretty sure those vlog brothers people do it.

Also a link in the description or whatever would be perfectly fine, you wouldn't get banned.

Well on one hand I find forum posts that say entire accounts were banned and videos deleted because of some links. But when I look around on Youtube I find a lot of old videos that still have affiliate links sitting happily in their descriptions. So it might just be the way the video is presented. If it has meaningful content it might be okay as opposed to some spam video that is aimed solely to sell a product.

Another question that just popped into my mind, even if it isn't against Youtube's TOS, would it be a problem for partner networks if you have money making links in your video description?

Your videos are your videos. If you show a product in your video and put an affiliate link for it, it is none of the networks business. Thats like saying partners might not be allowed to sell t shirts.

Back