So many rules! perhaps the secret all along is to create your "gateway" videos as RTR and I discussed a few months ago on this forum.

True. You would find that most big channels have 1 gateway video, which they then followed up with a series of smaller gateways. So you'd have the gateway with 50-100M views, then another at 20M, then a 10M and 5M, and those get you quickly over the 100k sub mark and into the 250k+ territory, perhaps even 500k. There really is no way apart from a gateway to grow quickly.

We started our channel about a month ago, we are basically a kid/family focused channel. we have 11 videos and we have used google AdWords to promote some of them. Our target audience is kids/parents and on a couple of our video campaigns we have received more dislikes then likes on two of the videos.

Sorry about that, may i suggest "Fiveer", so you can promote, while still building content until you want to use adwords.
I subbed and thumbed up the marshmallow vid.
Good luck :)

I just started looking into adwords also. I read it does help boost new channels but ofcourse could be costly. Something I'll look into soon!

You are correct about the cost so you have to monitor your campaigns closely. I have been using adwords for many years especially when my son or I start a new channel. Most of our campaigns have a large number of keywords that are very pertinent to the video. We set a budget and keep each key word at 1 cent a view.

Back