Advice on how to grow my channel?

RadiiatedAtec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i
Now and again I get a message in my inbox asking me to check out someone's video but it's usually not my interest, so I just delete it (and I understand they're just trying to promote their channel, so it doesn't bother me at all). Though if someone sent me a video that was similar content to my channel, then there's a good chance I'd check them out. When you target the right audience with your message, most people don't seem to mind as long as you only do it rarely.

But I have another idea for you if you're not comfortable sending messages:

Have you signed up with Google AdWords? Before you think "it's too expensive", I'm not saying to actually buy ads. My idea is just to sign up and connect it to your YouTube channel. When you create an AdWords account they will want you to connect it to a YouTube channel so that you can promote your videos. Go as far as doing all that and having everything set up (you might have to set up credit card info, etc), and perhaps go as far as creating an ad for your video. But don't actually pay for anything. Just let it sit there.
AdWords will do a promotion now and again and offer things like a $100 voucher to put towards ads. They seem to send them out when they see that you're not using their service. I signed up with them and did a little promoting but the results weren't really great, so I stopped using it. Since I stopped using it, they've sent me two $100 vouchers over the past 18 months. The second one I got just recently, but I never actually cashed it in so it's expired. If it was still valid I could've given it to you lol

You may even be able to find additional vouchers on the net if you do a search.

I would not recommend sinking money into AdWords as your bang for buck is awful compared to the targeted marketing you can do with TubeToolbox. But if you're able to obtain a voucher somehow, then you might as well take advantage of it.
i think i might have adwords but havnt done much with it so i might try and work on that! and my only issue with tubetoolbox: you do videos that maybe more mature, adult people will watch so you might not get as much hate as someone like me who does gaming videos (the gaming community is quite immature and full of idiots) so i would get much more hate and the gaming world on youtube is so vast that they have probaly found a video the same as yours before you sent them your video :/

delstacy24

I've Got It
Reaction score
As for something you can personally do to help your channel, I would recommend trying TubeToolbox.
This sounds like something I might try and, as you suggested, try it very sparingly. I do have several particular niches that I want to target and this looks like it might be a really fast way to find interested people. Now it's time for me to get to work actually making some of the videos I have planned. I shot some footage yesterday for a couple of things and it feels like it's time to crank it up a notch!

DylanOBRN

Comedy Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
My advice would be to improve the editing of your videos to the best of your ability and to share you videos as much as possible via Twitter, Facebook and other social networks if possible. Hope this helped!

- DylanOBRN

Reactions: RadiiatedAtec

TheForeStock

Reaction score
wow these tips were great I'm sitting at a pretty low sub count and I've been reaching out to friends whom have many more subs and it has helped and I plan to do a commentary with a friend soon to hopefully help both of our channels :D

Dahakski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think maintaining your channel across a variety of social media platforms, as well as being amiable to all your followers is the best thing to do.

YTJaKzTube

Reaction score
some helpfuil comments[DOUBLEPOST=1351714586,1351714549][/DOUBLEPOST]ive also fpund piosting on forums like thetechgame have helped m,e gain some views subs and feedback even thou i have only 35 subs lmao

Benny Luo

Reaction score
the title says it all... im on 44 subs and have been for ages so was wondering what people do to grow their chaanel?
Ok first of all, that is an incredible vague question and you need to answer the following for yourself:

1. What is your goal? Are you just somebody that wants to build a channel to make money? Or do you want to use it as a platform for bigger opportunities?

2. Whats the audience I want to target? Whats my niche?

3. How does my content differentiate from everyone else that's also doing video games?

All these questions come into play when trying to grow a YouTube channel. One you know you target audience and you are CERTAIN that you have a lot more things to offer than others, then you can focus on promoting.

One of the things I would suggest is submitting your video to crowd sourcing sites like reddit, digg, and Stumbleupon. Research on Google the best practices of these sites first and then start submitting your links. If your video is good enough and peak a lot of interest, you could be featured on the font page and get a huge surge of views and subscribers in a day. This is exactly how my friends The Fung Brothers got big on YouTube. Their video was submitted to reddit and went on the frontpage which thereby drove almost a million hits to their video as well as increase their subscriber count by 500%.

Hope that helps!

RadiiatedAtec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
wow these tips were great I'm sitting at a pretty low sub count and I've been reaching out to friends whom have many more subs and it has helped and I plan to do a commentary with a friend soon to hopefully help both of our channels :D
tell me in advance when you do this because i also have a friend who is partnerd and was thinking of doing something with him. if i sub you and then you tell me when he puts the video up, i will look at your sub count[DOUBLEPOST=1352672726,1352672621][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok first of all, that is an incredible vague question and you need to answer the following for yourself:

1. What is your goal? Are you just somebody that wants to build a channel to make money? Or do you want to use it as a platform for bigger opportunities?

2. Whats the audience I want to target? Whats my niche?

3. How does my content differentiate from everyone else that's also doing video games?

All these questions come into play when trying to grow a YouTube channel. One you know you target audience and you are CERTAIN that you have a lot more things to offer than others, then you can focus on promoting.

One of the things I would suggest is submitting your video to crowd sourcing sites like reddit, digg, and Stumbleupon. Research on Google the best practices of these sites first and then start submitting your links. If your video is good enough and peak a lot of interest, you could be featured on the font page and get a huge surge of views and subscribers in a day. This is exactly how my friends The Fung Brothers got big on YouTube. Their video was submitted to reddit and went on the frontpage which thereby drove almost a million hits to their video as well as increase their subscriber count by 500%.

Hope that helps!
i posted something on reddit but it got 1 view so i never went back, should i keep trying?