Adobe Premiere Elements Audio Video Sync Issues

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Hey guys,

I hope I have found the correct forum location to post but here it goes...

I edit gaming videos with Adobe Premiere Elements 17 and I recently upgraded to 2018. Ever since the update every time I try to load a gaming video into the program my audio and video are always out of sync. I have tried to unlink the audio and video and line it up myself, but it doesn’t help nor does it fix the issue.

Before the update this did not occur and after a little research it was determined that something changed with the 2018 Adobe Premiere Elements. My gaming videos are variable frame rate and Adobe expects fixed frame rate. This did not matter in 2017. Now Adobe is unusable for me.

Has anyone had similar issues or has anyone found a solution? What video editing software do y’all use as an alternative to Adobe Premiere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say use media encoder to convert over all the raw video files to mp4 or something like that, let me know if that fixes it
Hey guys,

I hope I have found the correct forum location to post but here it goes...

I edit gaming videos with Adobe Premiere Elements 17 and I recently upgraded to 2018. Ever since the update every time I try to load a gaming video into the program my audio and video are always out of sync. I have tried to unlink the audio and video and line it up myself, but it doesn’t help nor does it fix the issue.

Before the update this did not occur and after a little research it was determined that something changed with the 2018 Adobe Premiere Elements. My gaming videos are variable frame rate and Adobe expects fixed frame rate. This did not matter in 2017. Now Adobe is unusable for me.

Has anyone had similar issues or has anyone found a solution? What video editing software do y’all use as an alternative to Adobe Premiere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I would say use media encoder to convert over all the raw video files to mp4 or something like that, let me know if that fixes it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
This seems to be a growing trend whenever you update your Adobe Premiere Elements.

Just as you said I ha to download a program called BrakeStop and convet my videos from variable to fixed frame rates. After some trials and tribulations getting BrakeStop to work on Windows 10 all is a go! I am able to continue editing videos :). Thanks!

I love Premiere Elements, so simple and effective.
Has Adobe support responded to you yet?
I would either completely uninstall and reinstall or got back to the old version
until Adobe responses to this issue.
I also like VideoStudio and Cyberlink Powerdirector (Very fast encoder)
I use all three depending on my needs.

I love Premiere Elements, so simple and effective.
Has Adobe support responded to you yet?
I would either completely uninstall and reinstall or got back to the old version
until Adobe responses to this issue.
I also like VideoStudio and Cyberlink Powerdirector (Very fast encoder)
I use all three depending on my needs.
No response from Adobe other than make sure the video recorded has fixed frame rates. Also, that I could upgrade to Pro CC and it should handle both variable and fixed frame rates.

The problem with this is that almost every video recorded right now via cell phone or live stream video all have variable frame rates. The way Adobe Premiere is set up, is specifically designed to work best with video recorded with a real camera thus my situation. The weird part is that prior to the update all of my videos were in sync. I eventually had to download a third-party software (Handbrake) and convert all the videos from variable to fixed prior to editing them. It definitely adds a substantial amount of time to the already lengthy editing process, but I suppose I will have to make due.

Are you filming on a phone? If so, it’s recording in Variable Bit Rate and will never sync with Constant Bit Rate video. You need to either run it through HandBrake (free) or a similar program to convert it to constant bit rate. If you are using a phone for filming, download an app that will force the phone to record in Constant Bit Rate. I used Filmic Pro app for this, but eventually had to purchase a dedicated camera. I film with two cameras and the audio MUST match up. Variable Bit Rate encoding on phones prevents that.

(Oops. I see you posted about this issue. Perhaps finding a third-party camera app will at least help eliminate the need to re-encode. I have two cameras and several hours of footage for each video, and the waste of time and drive space to re-encode every code was a deal-breaker for me. If you’re on a Mac, Final Cut Pro handles VBR and CBR clips with ease - zero transcoding time required.)

Back