Ad campaigns for science pop channels

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Are ad campaigns by small YouTube channels promoting just the channel and not some other primary product or service common? It is a form of promotion, but I have never seen an actual paid ad by a science pop or a gaming channel promoting just itself - the channel, and not some other product or service behind that channel. I'm considering doing paid ads promoting my channel, but I have this phobia where I think it could actually hurt the efforts by seeming to desperate, and even anger people by having to watch / skip your ad... Do you guys know of any examples of a science pop channel promoting only the channel via paid ads?

I'm really curious about the same thing. I've thought of using one of my videos to run a small campaign on YT in hopes of reaching more potential viewers (mostly gamers). Hopefully someone will chime in here.

Yup.... Just yesterday I saw a big channel - "Good mythical morning" doing a paid ad for a product which was not theirs. But yes - I don't recall ever seeing a paid ad by a channel for just that channel...

Back