About 80% of my views are from non-subscribers!

I personally take the number of views from subscribers within the first 48 hours of releasing a video. If that number is high, you know your subscribers really enjoy your content and will watch as soon as they can. However, if that number is low, there's a good chance that your content is swaying away from the type of content people initially subscribed to watch. It also caters into the theory of "view velocity," where your content has a greater chance to be placed on browse features if there is a solid amount of your subscribers returning to watch a new video.
I see. Yeah, I read about that. And also that below 5% is the bad point. So in that case, I have to look at each video I uploaded in the last 28 days and see how many subscriber views each got in their first 2 days, find the average of all of them, and compare it to how many subscribers I had halfway through the period, or 14 days ago. So that number is quite different and it is 1.9%.

A lot of people watch your videos on a consistent basis without even subscribing to you. I've noticed that myself also. To me, it doesn't really matter. If they like my videos, they are not forced to subscribe. I'm still honored that they watch my videos.

Back