A mixed channel

John Cumbie

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had tried creating a channel that not only includes vlogging, but gaming aswell. Would that increase the amount of viewers on vlogs or would it just clutter the channel?

I used to do vlogging and gaming on one channel, and I recommend not doing it, unless all content is related. Many people think that having 2, or more, different types of content is better off, since you will have 2 audiences in one place. Even though that does sound good, it doesn't quite work that way.

See, when you have multiple genres on one channel, you are going to have a mixed audience. Which will lead to people unsubscribing; Something you don't want.

Let's say you have a vlogging channel. People watch your vlogs, and subscribe for your vlogs. Then you started making gaming on the same channel. Those people who subscribed to watch your vlogs probably aren't interested in watching gaming videos. This will lead to people unsubscribing because they didn't subscribe to watch gaming, they subscribed to watch vlogs. And those who subscribed to your gaming videos probably don't want to watch vlogs.

Just have two separate channels. One for vlogging, and one for gaming. It will be better off in the long run.

Forget what I said, apparently I was wrong from what others are saying. I would suggest listening to them. I was just going by assumption :)

Such as who? Someone making vlogs and then "Hey guys Imma post 3 gameplay videos a day here" is a terrible business model.
Yeah I realized my assumption was off. I could have sworn I knew some people who do gaming and vlogging on YouTube that were popular. Oh well.[DOUBLEPOST=1390693143,1390693090][/DOUBLEPOST]
if its not effective how does pewdiepie do it?
Now that I think about it, he did a lot of gaming first before he did vlogging. He started doing vlogging after he got lots of subs.

Back