A little help with Third Party Content

Anony Mouse

Loving YTtalk
So, on a few of my videos (the Batman Arkham Origins ones) I got a notice saying there was third party content. Gave me the choice to say yes I realize that it's in there, and went on my way.

My question is, if it isn't monetized, will I be ok? It was a simple playthrough of the game with me talking etc.

My other question is, if I DO monetize a video, what should I look out for or research?

After you acknowledge their claim, everything should be fine because now ads will appear on the video with all revenue going to them. You will not be able to monetize this video or any other videos with a legitimate content ID match (unless you have permission/license).

After you acknowledge their claim, everything should be fine because now ads will appear on the video with all revenue going to them. You will not be able to monetize this video or any other videos with a legitimate content ID match (unless you have permission/license).

You'll either get a strike, or they will monetize it for themselves and place ads on it regardless and you won't get any money..However, the former is most likely to happen, and you'll just get the strike.

You'll either get a strike, or they will monetize it for themselves and place ads on it regardless and you won't get any money..However, the former is most likely to happen, and you'll just get the strike.
Yikes... Who else should I stay away from? It seems really silly to me that if you don't monetize it they will still give you a strike..........

Who else should you stay away from?...Well, most likely anything you don't rightfully own, or aren't allowed to use. If you're curious about a certain game/company, go to their website and look at their ToS.

Who else should you stay away from?...Well, most likely anything you don't rightfully own, or aren't allowed to use. If you're curious about a certain game/company, go to their website and look at their ToS.
It just seems like all the big youtubers have no problem when it comes to games. Or is it because they are playing mostly indie games? I see people uploading videos of stuff like call of duty all the time though with commentary. Grand theft auto also. You'd think it would make people want to go buy their games.. I know I bought a few games because of markiplier.

Back