ImSoLugo

I've Got It
Who would like some constructive Criticism?

Ive been on you tube for about a month and it is something I rarely ever get. I'm not sure if its something all you tubers have experienced, but i feel as though it hinders my ability top grow. I don't want to promote my channel here but i'm curious as to ways I can improve not only my content but my channel art, thumbnails, and titles as a whole. Many people say those things are important but there's no real way of knowing what you are doing right or what you could be doing wrong. I want to make this thread so we can critique each other for those that are open to criticism. This way it is without fear from either offending others or getting a lot of dislikes and no one telling you why. I am willing to give people my opinions (although i'm not very experienced at all) and I'm curious to see the impact we can all have on each others growth.

I do like this thread a lot, so here goes nothing! Your banner looks a little busy to me, honestly. And I don't understand the duck. The thumbnails don't look bad, some look too plain though, and others over crowded. You have mostly a gaming channel, right? Your cover is a little confusing since it doesn't fit in with your channel type. That and slither.io is a terrible game and I just have trouble taking people serous who play that because it's so..meaningless.

I do like this thread a lot, so here goes nothing! Your banner looks a little busy to me, honestly. And I don't understand the duck. The thumbnails don't look bad, some look too plain though, and others over crowded. You have mostly a gaming channel, right? Your cover is a little confusing since it doesn't fit in with your channel type. That and slither.io is a terrible game and I just have trouble taking people serous who play that because it's so..meaningless.

I totally see where your coming from.
I'm actually going to remove the duck now that you mention it and im trying to add characters and icons that are in the games I've played so far. but maybe i can do it a lil bit differently.
Can you give me some specific thumbnails than I can have a better idea of what you mean.
and its meaningless but its.. fun as hell. xD

For the me, the banner is too crowded and the amount of thing that are going on in it make it hard to see the the information that I wanna know, that being your name and upload times. So I'd suggest working on that. The thumbnails are okay, I'd suggest playing around with them and trying to find your own style and really make them pop a lot more as they're quite flat when I look at them. Video wise, your content is good and engaging, plus you're very good at talking while commentating, so props for that! I would get rid of anything related to ducks though since it puts people like myself off. However if you know your demographic and they enjoy that, then keep it. This is just my opinion! Overall, good start to channel and with some refinements I think you have a bright future ahead.

Dude, I also wanna say that your cover is AWESOME! You have a great voice and whether you put videos on your gaming channel or make a separate place for them, keep it up, because personally I wanna hear a lot more of the music you make!

i really like the idea of you adding things to the banner from the games you have played. the downside of that is that its already too busy. how about incorporating them in a different way. like maybe a faint collage using all those images to form the background image, might be fun

Ok I looked At your channel. :D

and I actually think what your talking about can relate to a lot of people. But I think people tune out because the music in the background doesn't emphasize any points your making. Its kind of just there.. Their not bad songs either its just emotionally they don't fit so there is a bit of a unconscious conflict. Oh and i didn't know what video to click on next after the first. You should reference other videos if u can or if they connect in some way. Oh and btw cheer up :p Ill be your friend :D[DOUBLEPOST=1464615105,1464614846][/DOUBLEPOST]
For the me, the banner is too crowded and the amount of thing that are going on in it make it hard to see the the information that I wanna know, that being your name and upload times. So I'd suggest working on that. The thumbnails are okay, I'd suggest playing around with them and trying to find your own style and really make them pop a lot more as they're quite flat when I look at them. Video wise, your content is good and engaging, plus you're very good at talking while commentating, so props for that! I would get rid of anything related to ducks though since it puts people like myself off. However if you know your demographic and they enjoy that, then keep it. This is just my opinion! Overall, good start to channel and with some refinements I think you have a bright future ahead.

Dude, I also wanna say that your cover is AWESOME! You have a great voice and whether you put videos on your gaming channel or make a separate place for them, keep it up, because personally I wanna hear a lot more of the music you make!

Thank you for the in depth criticism. and because my banner seems to be a consistent issue ill definitely do some editing on it today. Ive never actaully thought about it before and I'm glad you all brought it up. I'm removing the duck btw :p I don't think its appropriate anyway.

Thank you so much for your thoughts they really do matter ^-^[DOUBLEPOST=1464615165][/DOUBLEPOST]
i really like the idea of you adding things to the banner from the games you have played. the downside of that is that its already too busy. how about incorporating them in a different way. like maybe a faint collage using all those images to form the background image, might be fun

I like it too. I definitly have to recreate the concept though i dont want peoples eyes to strain that's bad lol[DOUBLEPOST=1464615529][/DOUBLEPOST]

Bruh... Your covers are freaking epic I'm subbing :D

Your thumbnails are a little messy for me though. I think its because the font and the background clash. maybe you could box them to make the words more visible and picking a cleaner font. Font in the video is fine for me though. I thought it was cool.

Bruh... Your covers are freaking epic I'm subbing :D

Your thumbnails are a little messy for me though. I think its because the font and the background clash. maybe you could box them to make the words more visible and picking a cleaner font. Font in the video is fine for me though. I thought it was cool.

Thanks bud! Which thumbnails you referencing or just all in general? :)

Hey buddy,

I checked out your channel and I have to agree that the thumbnails are a little busy for my tastes and in some cases the fonts or lettering on the thumbs doesn't really jump out at you. Your covers are pretty good, I would try finding some video to put with them. It's a lot more engaging to the viewer. Your let's plays aren't bad, you are able to keep a consistent commentary while playing. The only thing I would say that could be a little better about the lets plays is that you could probably dial the energy down just a bit. It seems like today's YouTubers yell and scream a lot. You don't really need to have super crazy energy to be funny or engaging. Overall I think you are off to a pretty good start though.

I started a thread like this asking for constructive criticism for my channel as well. I would love to know what you think of my channel as well. I am constantly trying to better myself and my content.

Cheers!

Hey buddy,

I checked out your channel and I have to agree that the thumbnails are a little busy for my tastes and in some cases the fonts or lettering on the thumbs doesn't really jump out at you. Your covers are pretty good, I would try finding some video to put with them. It's a lot more engaging to the viewer. Your let's plays aren't bad, you are able to keep a consistent commentary while playing. The only thing I would say that could be a little better about the lets plays is that you could probably dial the energy down just a bit. It seems like today's YouTubers yell and scream a lot. You don't really need to have super crazy energy to be funny or engaging. Overall I think you are off to a pretty good start though.

I started a thread like this asking for constructive criticism for my channel as well. I would love to know what you think of my channel as well. I am constantly trying to better myself and my content.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feed back! Is it too much for an example of a bad thumbnail of mine and a decent one or an example of a good one from elsewhere . I have several different different styles and im not sure what works. And I looked at your channel It looked good and the content was clear. but i wasnt sure whatt your channel was about until i clicked your about tab. Maybe you could put something on your channel art like, all things Pc Gaming or For the Pc Gamer. That way a viewer knows right away if he or she would be interested.

Back