• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

5000 subscribers 6000 a week later 7000 9 days after that!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
I hit 6000 subscribers last night and didn’t have time to post about passing 5000. If the current trend holds I’ll be at 7000 in 5 days. I won’t post another one at 7 but maybe after 8 and 10k if things continue as they are

What happened was YouTube surfaced up some old videos which had other old videos as suggestions and then the next video I released was sent to the home page and is closing in on a million minutes of watch time in under 2 weeks. So it may stay up there forever (ok not literally forever. But, you know)

Well done, the same happened to me a couple of years ago. Now its time to really concentrate of new content and ride the wave.

Well done, the same happened to me a couple of years ago. Now its time to really concentrate of new content and ride the wave.
Yes! Unfortunately real life kicked into over drive. All good things though. But my plan and schedule for videos is still the same

What happened was YouTube surfaced up some old videos which had other old videos as suggestions and then the next video I released was sent to the home page and is closing in on a million minutes of watch time in under 2 weeks. So it may stay up there forever (ok not literally forever. But, you know)

it’s the only man in the world who is benefiting from youtube algorithms!!! attack!!!!

just kidding jokes jokes. congrats on that insane growth!

Wow that is so awesome :D Congratulations on the sudden increase in views, hopefully this is translating to some good new subscriber milestones too haha. Keep up the great work.

it’s the only man in the world who is benefiting from youtube algorithms!!! attack!!!!

just kidding jokes jokes. congrats on that insane growth!
Well, I think in October they fixed it because everyone else I know reported a record month. I think if someone focuses on the idea that YouTube delivers to people what they want to see, make that, then it all connects..

Now I was getting views before, even had some vids with 50k views, but something just happened where the watchtime overall increased a lot. The average went from 4-6 minutes up to 13-15 minutes so whoever gets the videos now they are watching the whole thing despite that nothing really changed in on my end. So I’d have to assume that YouTube figured out how to give these people something they will watch in full and stopped sending it to people who click off

Of course longer watch sessions will mean more suggestions and if they raise it somehow even further, then it will just snowball and snowball

This is not to brag but to serve as an example that others can hopefully learn from!

Back