• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

i'm in a similar niche. congrats on the 50k subs! any tips?

There is a lot of competition in our area so i know firsthand how hard it is to stick out and build a brand.

Thanks everyone and yes the music we feature is free to use on YouTube as long as you credit the artist and their links exactly as we show you in our video descriptions :)

i'm in a similar niche. congrats on the 50k subs! any tips?

There is a lot of competition in our area so i know firsthand how hard it is to stick out and build a brand.

I seen a gap with the vlog style music so started pushing that and noticed that hip hop funky style music was getting a lot more views so that helped us grow. But I still wanted to push different genres to give all the content creators more choice and to have more specific sounds for certain videos so I always upload daily at the same time and one day will be electronic music the next day will be background/vlog style music.

I have also been running a few record labels over the years and produce music myself so I started to run Bass Rebels as a label as well and actually sign music from artists and help them distribute it onto iTunes, Spotify etc which then brought new traffic from those sites over to the YouTube channel which also helped the growth. Being in the music industry for over 10 years has also helped me to build contacts and relationships with labels and artists too so its not been an easy ride but the main thing is I LOVE music so that passion drives me everyday :dance:

I can't believe we have hit 50,000 subscribers already, thank you all for the amazing support so far and to all the awesome artists for allowing us to all use their music for free on YouTube :):)

PROUD TO BE A SUBSCRIBER!!!! We use your music in a lot of our videos and always refer people to you guys. Fantastic work, keep it up.

Awesome, congrats on your success. I'll be over the moon to get my first subscriber. I can't even imagine how reaching 50k would feel. Keep crushing! Oh and I just subscribed :)

Thanks everyone and yes the music we feature is free to use on YouTube as long as you credit the artist and their links exactly as we show you in our video descriptions :)

I seen a gap with the vlog style music so started pushing that and noticed that hip hop funky style music was getting a lot more views so that helped us grow. But I still wanted to push different genres to give all the content creators more choice and to have more specific sounds for certain videos so I always upload daily at the same time and one day will be electronic music the next day will be background/vlog style music.

I have also been running a few record labels over the years and produce music myself so I started to run Bass Rebels as a label as well and actually sign music from artists and help them distribute it onto iTunes, Spotify etc which then brought new traffic from those sites over to the YouTube channel which also helped the growth. Being in the music industry for over 10 years has also helped me to build contacts and relationships with labels and artists too so its not been an easy ride but the main thing is I LOVE music so that passion drives me everyday :dance:
Thanks for the info, much appreciated! It seems a lot of channels in our area do end up opening legitimate record labels from their channels. Suicidesheep, NCS Sounds, etc...

I have absolutely no idea how to do that though, lol.

Our stuff is copyright free too and we focus on the chillstep, melodic dubstep genre but will probably end up expanding like you have into other areas when the time calls for it.

Back