3 Strikes in under 15 minutes. HELP!!

Hello,

I have been running a successful youtube channel (Comic Island) for the last 3 years. Everything I do should be under fair use terms but 2 days ago, Warner Brothers decides to strike 3 of my videos in under 15 minutes.

I use comic strips for visual aid as i review and recap an issue. My only guess is that Warner Brothers didnt want me using their images. As for my understanding, if I use some - NOT ALL - of a comic strip to help aid my criticism of a comic book then that is allowed. I even went the extra mile and whited out the text bubbles to avoid potential problems.

So now Youtube tells me that I have 7 days to find a resolution. Either contact the person that requested the take down of my video and plead to him to remove the strike and work with him to ensure future incidents do not happen OR file a counter notification. I understand that I can get sued by Warner Brothers if I file the counter notification. If anyone has any experience with this field, please share your thoughts. I would greatly appreciate it. The stress of loosing my channel has got me shaken to my bones.

Warm regards,
Joey

you use actual comic strips? Are you mad? That is under copyright by not only the artist but the company themselves...there is no way around this, you may not showcase commercial imagery for free. You are lucky they haven't sued you tbh. Erasing the text bubbles has nothing to do with the artwork shown, the only artwork you are allowed to show is the cover of the book. Variant Comics has a vast collection of videos, with connections to both Marvel and DC and they have never done such a thing...come on now...

I've had my channel terminated for getting 3 strikes. Two of them already had counter-notifications, so they must've changed something since then to where it won't terminate your channel if you have counter-notifications on them. One of the counter-notifications was up 3 days later, so my channel was only down for 3 days. Besides being down, it also sucked because all my videos had to be re-indexed and I didn't get very many views for the first couple days after that.

If you can get them to retract them, then go for it. Otherwise, counter-notifications are the only way to deal with them.

Back