1st Copyright Claim

QuiteGoneJin

Letf Handed Red Headed Stepchild Gamer
So this video has a copyright claim (I think that is different then a strike? I hope.) by capcom for adding their game Dragon's Dogma. It just says Audio Visual from 4:12 - 5:33 , arguably I don't know if its the gameplay or the music, and I CAN take that clip out and put something else in. It is from their trailer (but I see other gamers with top lists monetize this type of footage all the time so I am confused. Should I replace the music? The whole Clip? Just let it be? Is a copyright claim the same as a strike? I have a lot to look in to I guess. This was discouraging, the video took a day out of my life and was my best edited/effect video so far.

There are many copyright claim laws. Some companies just claim the copyright and leave the video as PUBLIC. Some companies take down the video leaving the strike on the channel. Some companies just MUTE the specific length of the video that is highly copyrighted. So what exactly has happened?
If they just claimed the copyright, then I suggest you to leave the video like this as it is not a strike, your account must be in good standing. You should start working on your newer videos :)
If you still want to make it copyright free video, you can edit it and upload again but make sure that your views are not affected.

It is claimed but still up, just says I cannot monetize, and I do not think I have a strike against me (I see nothing of the sort)... but from what I am reading Capcom and other publishers are saying that its the ID system that is doing this, not them. It is 40 sec of game footage so I am curious if I should dispute the claim and how to go about it? Or if doing that would cause me problems. I don't want to get walked all over as a gaming YTer and now I'm afraid to go near Capcom/Sony games because I hear YT's Content ID system is auto claiming a lot of peoples stuff.

It is claimed but still up, just says I cannot monetize, and I do not think I have a strike against me (I see nothing of the sort)... but from what I am reading Capcom and other publishers are saying that its the ID system that is doing this, not them. It is 40 sec of game footage so I am curious if I should dispute the claim and how to go about it? Or if doing that would cause me problems. I don't want to get walked all over as a gaming YTer and now I'm afraid to go near Capcom/Sony games because I hear YT's Content ID system is auto claiming a lot of peoples stuff.
I think you should try disputing them, but before that you can always contact Capcom and Sony Games if that footage was legal to upload or not. Some gaming companies do not allow their footage to be published on YouTube. Don't worry if you can't monetize it, you can always make many videos to monetize. I hope that I have helped you.

such a huge company, I dunno how to even start contacting them. Any suggestions? Do you know if disputing the claim can have a negative effect on me?

such a huge company, I dunno how to even start contacting them. Any suggestions? Do you know if disputing the claim can have a negative effect on me?
I know they are huge companies, you can check their website to get into contact with them. However I dont think disputing can put you into more TROUBLE, but sometimes they take down the video after dispute. So better leave the video as it is.

I know they are huge companies, you can check their website to get into contact with them. However I dont think disputing can put you into more TROUBLE, but sometimes they take down the video after dispute. So better leave the video as it is.

"If you dispute a claim without a valid reason, the content owner may choose to take down your video. If this happens, your account will get a copyright strike." Well, now I fear disputing it. Even though it's a review of the games combat system and has less then 45sec of gameplay in it.

So this video has a copyright claim (I think that is different then a strike? I hope.) by capcom for adding their game Dragon's Dogma. It just says Audio Visual from 4:12 - 5:33 , arguably I don't know if its the gameplay or the music, and I CAN take that clip out and put something else in. It is from their trailer (but I see other gamers with top lists monetize this type of footage all the time so I am confused. Should I replace the music? The whole Clip? Just let it be? Is a copyright claim the same as a strike? I have a lot to look in to I guess. This was discouraging, the video took a day out of my life and was my best edited/effect video so far.

From what you've described, it sounds like a content ID match rather than a full blown copyright strike. You can check the standing of your account in your settings and it will quickly reveal if you've got a real problem or not.

If there's an option to just have it none monetized, then I'd take that, keep the video up and move on. Especially when you're starting out, it just doesn't matter; your video still stays up and you still get to build an audience with it. It's probably not worth disputing, unless you really feel like it's fair use and you want to go down that route.

What I would say is that it's worth checking what producers (games, films, whatever) do this kind of thing and which don't. It's easy enough to find out because they all develop a reputation one way or another. Actively avoid material from those who chase this type of thing.

It's not a copyright strike and they likely won't strike your account. You simply cannot monetize that video because it contains copyrighted material claimed by Capcom via youtube's content ID program. Do not dispute the claim unless you have proof from Capcom giving you permission to monetize your video. The only other way you will be able to monetize your video is by removing the claimed content, which in this case is both the visual and audio. You should have no problems leaving it up. You just won't be able to monetize it.

yeah it doesn't seem worth it. Ty though. I'll look out for avoiding them in the future.

Back