1000 sub giveaway good idea or not?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
wondering if anyone has ever done a giveaway. im growing pretty fast and just hit 900 subs and thought it was going to take me longer to reach 1k so now I have about 2 - 4 weeks to come up with something. it seems to be a growth of 100 subs every 2 - 4 weeks.

I believe I have a good audience since most of my videos usually end up hitting 400 views within 2 weeks and in a month about 600 - 1000 views on average. so im guessing it would be a good idea?

was thinking maybe a shirt, sweater or I dont know. the growth just kind of shocked me

any ideaS?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Why not? It'd be a good way to engage with your viewers. Just make sure you follow all the rules and laws for giveaways. :)

NateStanley

Editor / Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
If your viewer growth is consistent with your subscriber growth I don't see why not.

I'm not sure if your brand image is established enough yet to warrant giving away channel merchandise (if that's what you meant by clothing), but then again I don't know the intricacies of your channels subscribers and community as well as you do.

If you agree with that, I'd recommend giving away something that you're positive all your subscribers would want, and judging by your content I'd say it'd have to do with (forgive my terminology if it's wrong) motocross or dirt bikes in general.

This could be a helmet, riding gear, or any accessory specific to this field. That way, if you can guarantee that a majority of your viewer base would actually want the giveaway item, you can also guarantee that when you announce the giveaway you'll be getting a lot more engagement, which means being suggested more, which means more traffic to you channel, which, in the end, means more views and subscribers.

Reactions: fixedsnuffle

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
cool channel, cars & motorcycles are popular, question, why would you do a giveaway?
thanks! I have some true followers who really follow me. they hit me up on instagram and stuff a lot. just a quick thanks to them and money is not that much of an issue for me (not bragging) just spending 30 40$ is not much for me. so figured its a good way to say thanks!

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
If your viewer growth is consistent with your subscriber growth I don't see why not.

I'm not sure if your brand image is established enough yet to warrant giving away channel merchandise (if that's what you meant by clothing), but then again I don't know the intricacies of your channels subscribers and community as well as you do.

If you agree with that, I'd recommend giving away something that you're positive all your subscribers would want, and judging by your content I'd say it'd have to do with (forgive my terminology if it's wrong) motocross or dirt bikes in general.

This could be a helmet, riding gear, or any accessory specific to this field. That way, if you can guarantee that a majority of your viewer base would actually want the giveaway item, you can also guarantee that when you announce the giveaway you'll be getting a lot more engagement, which means being suggested more, which means more traffic to you channel, which, in the end, means more views and subscribers.
thanks! exactly what I am doing!! appreciate all the feedback!

Reactions: NateStanley

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
thanks! I have some true followers who really follow me. they hit me up on instagram and stuff a lot. just a quick thanks to them and money is not that much of an issue for me (not bragging) just spending 30 40$ is not much for me. so figured its a good way to say thanks!
is it possible to make a different version of a "giveaway" that would give something to hundreds of your subscribers rather than 1 or 2,,,,,,,,,,for example making a video that is most voted for, or just a different video lets say you sit down & talk about safety gear,,,, or whats goin on in your life,,,, or dangers/expenses of riding,,, so on so on the list is endless as to what many can get from you,,,,,,,,,,,,just a though, what is your opinion?

xpdeus

Reaction score
You can make giveaway and ask for comments and likes too - your video will rank higher