• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

10,000 views yay

Well I guess I can monetize now. oh wait nope. oh well on to the next goal of 1000 subs. I'm averaging about 100 views a day now so hopefully I can just build on that. I really have to start posting more content, it seems to be the only way really to grow your channel.

Travel videos aren't the easiest kind of videos for accumulating views so congratulation on the 10,000 views!!! I checked out some of your videos and you are doing a great job, both in recording and editing. The main purpose of your trips isn't taking videos so considering that you only record while having fun with family and friends you get good results. Always room for improvement of course.
I liked it that you post videos in a constant rythm, one or two videos per month. When you get discouraged from low view counts, always remember that in many years you will be happy to have those videos to look back on the old times and not only messy folders with a lot of random clips.

I don't know what editing software you are using but making some super simple color correction on some shots can increase the video quality a lot, without taking too much time. Sometimes your camera chooses the wrong white balance, sometimes increasing the contrast or pulling the shadows up in post makes the shots look a lot better. But really up to you and up to what your editing software and your computer are capable of.

Travel videos aren't the easiest kind of videos for accumulating views so congratulation on the 10,000 views!!! I checked out some of your videos and you are doing a great job, both in recording and editing. The main purpose of your trips isn't taking videos so considering that you only record while having fun with family and friends you get good results. Always room for improvement of course.
I liked it that you post videos in a constant rythm, one or two videos per month. When you get discouraged from low view counts, always remember that in many years you will be happy to have those videos to look back on the old times and not only messy folders with a lot of random clips.

I don't know what editing software you are using but making some super simple color correction on some shots can increase the video quality a lot, without taking too much time. Sometimes your camera chooses the wrong white balance, sometimes increasing the contrast or pulling the shadows up in post makes the shots look a lot better. But really up to you and up to what your editing software and your computer are capable of.
Thanks for your constructive critism. Yes my editing and camera stuff I am still learning. I just purchased a new computer because it just was too frustrating working with my old one and would just give up on the details. Hopefully going forward the color and audio will get better. We're off to Costa Rica next cant wait to vlog that. :)

Reactions: nad
Back