• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

10,000 subscribers! (& my tips for you guys)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Congrats on your success, @JesusGreen

Little anecdote for you - It's funny - I can often tell by someone's posts here who will succeed on YouTube. By the way they express how they "see" YouTube and how they approach the challenge of growing a channel. Also by the manner in which they formulate their questions or ask for help about things they haven't quite mastered (yet). You are definitely one of those members and have been for a while so it's no surprise to me at all that your channel is taking off and growing organically. :)

Your YouTube growth is your responsibility. Growth isn't luck based like you might have been led to believe. There are an extremely rare lucky few who got their growth accelerated massively by some freak circumstances: but you or me are probably never going to be one of those. So don't rely on luck and cross your fingers. Actually learn HOW to make your channel grow, and work hard at it.
+1

This is so true. What often surprises me is the number of people who say they are "passionate" about YouTube and really want to be successful with it but are still making glaring fundamental mistakes - stuff that is explained in all the basic guides on here and on YouTube itself in the creator academy training. People who say they want Youtube to be their job but they haven't even set up their channel page to showcase their videos correctly or their last upload was 4 months ago or they upload 4 videos per day of very mediocre quality and think that's all there is to it. And they've been doing YouTube for over a year. There's no excuse for that. That's just lack of effort or expecting success without the work or without taking any initiative. Big channels do a lot of stuff that the smaller channels don't think is important. The "devil is in the detail" when it comes to YouTube IMHO.

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really like the positivety that you send out! I think you are completely right and it is all about hard work! I will try and hit my goal as fast as possible and work as best as I can!

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great Tips and Congrats! I'd hit that goal by the end of 2018 xd