1 channel for all content or separate?

HiNamesDev

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it depends on how you lay out your channel. I do think it's good to have an overall theme, but you can expand on that theme or do different content. It just depends on how you do it.

Like if you have a gaming channel, but you want to try doing music. You could create a song and have it play at the end of your gaming video. Or you could announce in a previous video that you are going to be doing a music video. Those are just some ideas, but it shows that you can stick to your theme while expanding on it and doing some new stuff.

It's ok to do some variety, but you also want consistency as well. So, if you don't want or need to make a new channel. Try to find creative ways within your theme to add some new videos, ideas, and content.

I personally don't mind channels that do various things, as long as they have some form of consistency and familiarity to them.

Hope this was helpful!

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's definitely possible to do, but I think there has to be something that connects all of your different types of content to keep viewers who came for one thing watching your other videos as well.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
My advice is to look at the channel Atomic Shrimp ( I have no affiliation) - he posts on a number of different topics - tearing down spammers, weird food in a can, and other stuff.

See if you like the way he's approached it and decide whether that's the approach you want to take.
If not then stick to a more 'single type of content' channel.