0-1000 Subscribers Requires Help From A Community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Review Wiz

Do you think that community members do enough to help each other grow? I don't think so. Should community members sub to fellow smaller YT channels to help each pass the 1000 mark goal?

If all you are interested in is sub numbers, you in YouTube for entirely the wrong reason. Subbing just to increase the number will just lead to lots of dead subs. If you want to grow, involve yourself in the community instead of being a numbers person.

You should only sub if you genuinely enjoy someone's content. Some may not agree, but that's my personal opinion.

This is totally the right idea.

You should only sub if you genuinely enjoy someone's content. Some may not agree, but that's my personal opinion.
Hi @OzTalksHw thanks for your response. As it relates to your comment, your statement is one of those widely preached by YouTubers from all over. However, I have an alternative view. Getting to a 1000 subscribers is not just about having 1000 people who are genuinely interested in your content but it helps your page to rank higher in YT searches. SEO will regard your content and channel as credible and your viewership from outside of your subscribers will increase, bringing you new and GENUINE fans. Like you said, not everyone will agree with my perspective but I am prepared for the whipping.

Getting to 1000 isn't some magical threshold. I see a lot of importance placed on that 1000 number, and it's (in my experience, as someone with over 1000 subs for a little while now) just another number. I don't see my view counts going up exponentially, I don't see my videos in more searches, and I don't get approached by any companies about anything (even sponsorship companies don't have the threshold as 1000 anymore, now it's 5000).

I don't think everyone would grow the way I did, because I honestly have no idea how I've grown, other than being super-attentive to the people who are kind enough to comment on my videos, being really steady in when I upload, and trying to improve what I do as I go along.

However, it's not really an insurmountable thing, to get past 1000. The thing I've seen, in my limited experience on YouTube over the past year and change, is that so many channels give up or go away for long swaths of time. There are so many channels I've grown enamored of, only to have them stop posting for three months, or decide that things are too busy to update, or give up entirely.

Slow and steady can get you where you want to go, if your goal is something as achievable as 1000 subs. It doesn't take asking everyone to subscribe to you in a sub-for-sub scenario, it just takes work and patience.

That's my two cents, anyway.

Getting to 1000 isn't some magical threshold. I see a lot of importance placed on that 1000 number, and it's (in my experience, as someone with over 1000 subs for a little while now) just another number. I don't see my view counts going up exponentially, I don't see my videos in more searches, and I don't get approached by any companies about anything (even sponsorship companies don't have the threshold as 1000 anymore, now it's 5000).

I don't think everyone would grow the way I did, because I honestly have no idea how I've grown, other than being super-attentive to the people who are kind enough to comment on my videos, being really steady in when I upload, and trying to improve what I do as I go along.

However, it's not really an insurmountable thing, to get past 1000. The thing I've seen, in my limited experience on YouTube over the past year and change, is that so many channels give up or go away for long swaths of time. There are so many channels I've grown enamored of, only to have them stop posting for three months, or decide that things are too busy to update, or give up entirely.

Slow and steady can get you where you want to go, if your goal is something as achievable as 1000 subs. It doesn't take asking everyone to subscribe to you in a sub-for-sub scenario, it just takes work and patience.

That's my two cents, anyway.
Thanks for posting @xingcat. I totally agree with you about the threshold being 5000 these days. I also want to say congrats on exceeding the 1000 subs mark. However, I thing the reason why a lot of us new YT dwell on 1000 subs is that it is a nice first goal to set for your channel. Once you achieve this then you can set a new goal of say 5000. For us, its just something to work with.

By the way, thanks for the advice about grinding nonstop. That leap year video is pretty cool btw. Cheers

Thanks for posting @xingcat. I totally agree with you about the threshold being 5000 these days. I also want to say congrats on exceeding the 1000 subs mark. However, I thing the reason why a lot of us new YT dwell on 1000 subs is that it is a nice first goal to set for your channel. Once you achieve this then you can set a new goal of say 5000. For us, its just something to work with.

By the way, thanks for the advice about grinding nonstop. That leap year video is pretty cool btw. Cheers

I totally hear you! (Thank you for the compliment...my weird little puppet videos are so dear to me!)

Subscribers are important, but you are killing your channel if all your getting are subscribers that don't watch your videos. I think having more subscribers does help with SEO, but if your someone that has 50,000 subscribers and only 50-180 views (I've seen this) Youtube will not care about that person having 50,000 subscribers. Youtube is in it for the views because that is what brings in the money.

However, if the channel has 1,000 subscribers and gets 5,000 views per video Youtube will promote that channel so it can get more views. With those new viewers that channel will gain new subscribers. Which is what I think happened with PewDiePie. He had a couple thousand subscribers and Millions of views. Youtube saw that PewDiePie had potential to get more views so they promoted his channel. Now look were he is. The poster boy of Youtube.

I support the idea of helping my community grow, but not supporting my communities rise. What I mean by this is I and other's should help each other learn to grow as individuals and as a business, So i'll gladly help you get better as I would hope you would help me improve my work. But unless I like your work or it pertains to me as a audience member I won't help you rise to fame. Even If I don't think your content is for me, that doesn't mean I won't give you any advice I can to help you improve your channel.

I hope that wasn't too confusing ^.^

My point though, I'd rather you not be watching my stuff if you aren't into it and vice versa. but I will help you ever you ask and I know the information you need!

Subbing just to make your sub counter look good is not helping at all.
And no, artificially inflating your sub number will not make you rank higher in the search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back