YT Partners. How bad was your January cliff?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So my January cliff was weird this time around. Normally I see a sharp drop right after New Years. This year saw a slow decline after new years, and then a sharp drop at the very last week. My total decline overall was 28%, but did not stay down, and I have been slowly climbing back up throughout February and now about 20% down from my December high.

How has your channel done?

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I went from rock bottom, and it dipped to the fecal matter below rock bottom. From there I barely have a view over the underbelly of youtube's boot.

So, not good.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always peak mid/late summer. But this January was great. For some reason february is not doing well, it sucks compared to dec/jan. Usually every month sees increase from january to august. blerh.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
January was my best month, ever since I started my channel 5 years ago..More views, more subscribers, more $ by over 200% compared to any other month. I guess the format changes I started making in Nov/December paid off.

Reactions: JayZippo

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
After a good December, things have declined slightly over January and February... Views down 7%. Watch time down 6%. January revenue was down, but it has recovered some in Feb.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer