Youtube Strategy and some questions in general

curiousindividual

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i have been thinking about starting a youtube channel in a profitable CPM niche which i am also interested in general. I want to do this as a sidehustle and therefore its very important for me to get monetized as soon as possible and with a high probability as well. I thought about a few things which could speed up this process and i wanted to hear your opinion about it.
I wouldnt buy subs and likes, i acutally heard that youtube kind of recognises that, which affects your further progress negatively.

First of all i thought about starting a little Youtube Pod with like 10 people to watch, like and talk about each others content, improvements and so on.
Furthermore i thought about reuploading viral videos, or memes and so on, to achieve the monetization goal much quicker. There are a lot of viral videos where like 1 video gave a no name channel with nearly zero content thousands of subs and incredible watch time. My plan would be to look for adequate vids of this kind and reupload them for like the first month (maybe even with the permission of the original channel, even that could be kind of difficult for memes). If i would have achieved the 4k hours and 1000 subs that way, i d start to upload my own videos in the specific niche to start from a higher point than the bottom.

That would be partially my strategy. Now some important questions regarding this :)

can it screw up my youtube metrics, if im posting other content before and youtube shows it to a specific audience and then change the content completely? Does youtube show it to the wrong audience then? Can that screw up my metrics / the youtube algorythm for my channel?

Are the metrics permanent or do the change i have posted videos with some other content before?

If i have a lot of subs which aren´t watching my other videos, because they came for the viral content, does that affect the probabillity of my acceptance for monetization?
Can yout change the direction of your account and videos after getting monetized in general?

Does that affect your CPM, is it lower then? Or does it get adapted with the content you upload? Since you have to fill in some information of what content you are creating in the monetarization application.

Is there anything you can do the increase the change of acceptance in the youtube partner program like signing up for Youtube Premium or paying a one time bill? This might sound funny but i cant get familiar with working like half a year for free only to get cancelled in seconds if youtube decides so.

I´m really looking forward to your opinions about this whole thing. Thanks in advance! :)

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the forum.
i cant get familiar with working like half a year for free only to get cancelled in seconds if youtube decides so
chances are it will be multiple years, depending on content/design/activity/promotion & more, I think it's best to pick a safer topic/content that you are also very passionate about because that motivation/passion will get you through those "free" years. For example - creating your own content like vlogs that don't include foul language.

tubefluence

Reaction score
Website
tubefluence.com
can it screw up my youtube metrics, if im posting other content before and youtube shows it to a specific audience and then change the content completely? Does youtube show it to the wrong audience then? Can that screw up my metrics / the youtube algorythm for my channel?
Yes. You'd be building your initial audience by publishing a certain kind of content, and then you'd be switching to another type of content. People would notice this and would say to themselves, "I didn't subscribe for this" and they would either unsubscribe from your channel or stop watching your videos.
If i have a lot of subs which aren´t watching my other videos, because they came for the viral content, does that affect the probabillity of my acceptance for monetization?
Can yout change the direction of your account and videos after getting monetized in general?
All that matters is you reach the required 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours. After you're approved for monetization, you can upload whatever you'd like. But, as I mentioned above, this wouldn't be a good idea.
Does that affect your CPM, is it lower then? Or does it get adapted with the content you upload? Since you have to fill in some information of what content you are creating in the monetarization application.
CPMs are different for each video, but videos of a similar subject matter will have a similar CPM.
Is there anything you can do the increase the change of acceptance in the youtube partner program like signing up for Youtube Premium or paying a one time bill? This might sound funny but i cant get familiar with working like half a year for free only to get cancelled in seconds if youtube decides so.
No. You can't "nudge" YouTube into monetizing your channel faster. In regards to your fear of working for free for 6 months, if your main concern is money, then maybe you should consider picking up an extra hour or 2 each week at your job- you'll make more money doing this than you will as a newly monetized channel. Remember, you'll most likely be earning between $1 and $4 per. 1,000 monetized views- think about how hard it is to get 1,000 views.

Reactions: Rhody Seth