Vlog Youtube so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilohbenji

Hi, this might be a lot to take in. Ive posted here before, and I've made some "friends" as a result of it. It was great! I wrote my thread excited to see who out there will come across it and actually check out my channel, hoping they'll like my videos for what they are and will subscribe. I suggested we grow together, be friends, youtube buddies even. We all know, its tough starting out. No views, no likes, no shares, hell even a negative comment was still at least a comment in itself. I wanted to put myself out there and commit to do what we all would think a youtube buddy would do. View your videos, comment on it, like it, and share it.

So, tubers responded. Some even subscribed to my channel. It was great. I subscribed back. I got a couple likes. And a couple comments. I was feeling good. Everyone who subscribed to me I went and checked their channel out. I liked 98% of them so of course I subscribed. I commented back, and I liked them. I really did. I really thought I could have these comment conversations with these new found tubers.

After a couple weeks I noticed something. I found myself still commenting. Liking. Those who became my buddies seemed to have just dropped. I did this for weeks thinking, maybe they just didn't see my video in their subscription box. But i don't know anymore. I think now, they just didn't care to. It wasn't in their intentions to be a "youtube buddy." Maybe they were in it for the subs, the views, for the comments, for the likes. Things I was passionatly contributing. It seems unfair.

If your still reading, a sub for a sub is just a sub. Sure that number counter will go up a bit but thats not what we should be focusing on. I rather make friends on this social site who care to take the time and actually enjoy the videos I make just as I do. And those who come along, strictly as a viewer and not as a video maker, well I'm happy to have them join the conversation.

Thats been my experience so far from this site. Im not angry at those who came and went or stopped contributing. Hell maybe my videos just suck. Whatever the case, I hope you reader, I hope you luck and whatever your thought of success is on your youtube adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back