Youtube is deleting likes

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I noticed my last two videos my likes were down by about half... then I came across a video where someone has proof of this. Real time reduction of likes.

@ 35 second mark he is showing you it happening. Uh what? great, more YT crap.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
...and the problem is? YouTube simply remove fake, bot and low quality likes.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
...and the problem is? YouTube simply remove fake, bot and low quality likes.
????

Someone who has a certain number of likes for 2 straight years, all of a sudden watches in real time likes being deleted? Gets 1/2 the amount of likes. So his fanbase is half bots? No, Youtube is doing something again, not telling anyone and screwing with peoples channels...

Not that I am surprised.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah that's one theory but.. why would they bother?
If there's no profit motive for them, then they wouldn't do it. I can't see this driving profit in any way.
Can you?

Reactions: JayZippo

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah that's one theory but.. why would they bother?
If there's no profit motive for them, then they wouldn't do it. I can't see this driving profit in any way.
Can you?
I am getting this weird fascination about YT and why they do the things they do. Many many times it is counter productive and makes things worse, so I am damn sure what they are doing now is either something they tried and failed (what I do not know) or implemented something else and it effected the likes (more likely).

I have seen this across the platform for a day or two. I think it has stopped now. What was it? Video likes are going back to normal. :wat?:

"I can't see this driving profit in any way. Can you?"

Honestly, no. It does not make any sense for them to take away likes and not views. Again, it is why it is fascinating watch them flounder around all the time.

@Nicekid76 might know this: Does Likes affect the way you are shown in suggestions or search algorithms? Just curious.

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
All audience engagement effects how much your video is shared out to new users, but not as much as watch time. Even getting a lot of dislikes will get your video to be shared out to more people.
To LVR's point, this is likely fake likes being deleted yes. BUT BUT BUT!!! A few years ago YouTube subscriber count was broken and every time you refreshed the page the subs count would go down. Certain Youtubers had their sub count drop from 50 million+ to literally less than 0 before YouTube fixed the issue. This is all to say it's very possible that this is a broken system that was trying to help fix a fake like issue but is over correcting

Edit - my mistake the glitch was that every time someone unsubbed it would remove 2 subs. so you could keep subbing and unsub and the channel sub count would just plummet.

1618413347660.png

1618413177978.png

1618413508240.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JayZippo