Youtube General Question

MrCompEng

Go to my channel... Or I will find you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why is yutube so secretive about the amount of money you make from ads? Why is it that if I come on here and say I make 100000 dollars a day I could be banned from adsense? What do they have to lose by people telling others how much they make from youtube? It never made sense to me maybe someone can enlighten me.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can disclose your Adsense earnings, you just cant mention click through rates and specific stats.

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
They just don't allow it, to be honest I'd find it rude if someone asked me how much I earned a year (with a normal job)....

MrCompEng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can disclose your Adsense earnings, you just cant mention click through rates and specific stats.
that brings me to another question. I find it hard to find out what cpm and clicks per whatever are and what all the squiggaly lines in adsense mean. Do you yourself have any literature I can/should read, the internet helps but isnt in my opinion comprehensive.
--- merged: Apr 21, 2012 11:41 PM ---
They just don't allow it, to be honest I'd find it rude if someone asked me how much I earned a year (with a normal job)....
i agree it is rude, but I just never understood the security or financial benefits of keeping it secret. Youtube cant be that concerned with politeness

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
that brings me to another question. I find it hard to find out what cpm and clicks per whatever are and what all the squiggaly lines in adsense mean. Do you yourself have any literature I can/should read, the internet helps but isnt in my opinion comprehensive.
--- merged: Apr 21, 2012 11:41 PM ---

i agree it is rude, but I just never understood the security or financial benefits of keeping it secret. Youtube cant be that concerned with politeness
I just think they don't want you to know, I don't think they have a reason!

MrCompEng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
im inclined to believe both of you, google being so big who could stop them?