Youtube dislikes.

TrVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ok, I made a comment on a whole other channel. I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one dealing with it, but I made a comment and I had the people from that video. COme to my channel and dislike a bunch of my videos. How do you all deal with this? Or do you just stop commenting on things completely? I feel as though youtube doesn't really care the whole hiding likes for the mental health thing is a joke to me. I mean they can still see it. I don't have an issue with the dislike feature my issue is people like that. Coming to someone's channel over a comment not even relating to the person's channel.

I think a feature, where we can SEE who likes and dislikes our videos on YouTube would be good. I have seen videos where the video isn't even live yet and already it has dislikes. I have seen videos where it’s nothing but positivity and dislikes for no reason. I have talked to channels & dealt with it on my own (As I said) where we have had people come to our channels from whole other video. Just to dislike a bunch of our videos ONLY because of something we/they said on another channel that has nothing to do with ours. Or just because they don’t like them/us due to race or sexuality it's annoying.

I am not saying take the dislike feature away at all. I am saying let us see who is doing it. If they want to dislike a video, they HAVE TO comment if they disliked it & say why & let it show who disliked the video. Most of these people from what I use to notice when we could see who like and dislike a video. They are the same people who bullied people in the comment section. I personally don't understand why Youtube took the feature away in the first place. I also sent this as feedback. I think youtube shadowbanned my channel. Ever since then my video views have gone way down.

What are everyone's thoughts on this issue?

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I completely agree. There's no way to learn something just by getting a "dislike". There really should be a comment requirement with that.

I'm not gonna speak for the whole community, but the feeling I have is that people in general, are seeing a dislike as an interaction to the video which is worth something for the algorithms in terms of bumping it up. I guess it's a small comfort :)

Reactions: TrVlogs

TrVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I completely agree. There's no way to learn something just by getting a "dislike". There really should be a comment requirement with that.

I'm not gonna speak for the whole community, but the feeling I have is that people in general, are seeing a dislike as an interaction to the video which is worth something for the algorithms in terms of bumping it up. I guess it's a small comfort :)
Thank you, and people don't use it for the right reason also.

Reactions: Gediphoto

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am split. I agree with what you are saying; it is not used correctly half the time. But on the other side, the satisfaction of hitting a dislike on a video you do not like or disagree with is nice too. I do not go out of my way to dislike lots of videos, in fact I think I have disliked maybe 5 videos in 5 years LOL.

As Gediphoto mentioned, it does give you a boast (its interactivity) to the video.

Bu if you really think of it, someone who doesn't like you or the videos, and they start "disliking" your videos, that in it's own way is helping you. Would that be instant karma?

Reactions: TrVlogs

TrVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am split. I agree with what you are saying; it is not used correctly half the time. But on the other side, the satisfaction of hitting a dislike on a video you do not like or disagree with is nice too. I do not go out of my way to dislike lots of videos, in fact I think I have disliked maybe 5 videos in 5 years LOL.

As Gediphoto mentioned, it does give you a boast (its interactivity) to the video.

Bu if you really think of it, someone who doesn't like you or the videos, and they start "disliking" your videos, that in it's own way is helping you. Would that be instant karma?
Yes, but disliking my videos on a comment on another channel that has nothing to do with my videos is what I am saying. Like I example. I could say I hate some color so they come over to my channel to dislike 7 or 8 of my videos. When my channel is about cars. What does me saying I don't like some color have to do with my channel? In addition, I was looking at a video that said the dislikes are bad for channels though. Even though it is interaction. This was 2 years ago but it's what I saw. I don't remember the video sadly.

Reactions: JayZippo