Youtube Background Help

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hey guys, i've been reading around a lot, not here but just in case some people are having problems with the new youtube layout where their feed tab gets longer than their image and it cuts off and reverts to youtubes' default color. To stop this follow these simple steps:

When creating your background for the new youtube background (photoshop talk coming in skip ahead if you just wanna know how to use the background) Go to your youtube page on the featured tab. On mac your gonna want to hit shift + command + 4 to take a selected screen shot. Take a screenshot of the youtube page, not your entire browser and save to desktop.

Now open that file in photoshop. Create a new layer and then fill the entire background black (quick side note, if you don't want to use black, use a color that is located on youtube default colors. Just look to see what colors you can use.) now, make it unvisible and press the M key. Now outline the featured tab part (where your content goes) now press delete.

You know have the template of your tyoutube page. Ad whatever to this and save it as jpg or .png

Now on youtube set your color of background to black and upload your image. Now when the pic cuts off on your feed tab because it gets longer, the black background picks it up and keeps it going down.

Many people have had trouble with this method in the past so thought i would clear it up. thanks guys, also to clarify i might do a video on this so you can see what i really mean.

Thanks,
RatedPro

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
In addition to the written guide, i habve created a video to help those of you who are having some problems. If this tutorial written or the video has helped you, please consider you like this post and subscribe to my channel!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing this with us, I am sure it will help people out when doing theirs, it is a massive shame you can do anything on the inside.

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks for sharing this with us, I am sure it will help people out when doing theirs, it is a massive shame you can do anything on the inside.
agreed I know the vid is simple but it might help the people who don't full understand ps yet. Hopefully they will update their layout