Will Tags increase views?

Tags are very important using certain keywords, titles, similar related tags to ur video they are very important without tags we would all be buggered :)

The most important parts are the title and description.
They have a stronger effect in search results. I usually use tags similar to the title, and then generic ones like "humor" and such.

Generic tags will have little to no effect on your videos, if you tag humour and someone searches humour your video will likely be 1 in a pool of several thousand videos, where as if you use keywords specific to your video with low competition but a high search rate, you will rank high.

Generic tags will have little to no effect on your videos, if you tag humour and someone searches humour your video will likely be 1 in a pool of several thousand videos, where as if you use keywords specific to your video with low competition but a high search rate, you will rank high.

Yep. Just stated what I do.

Tags are extremely important. Thumbnails, titles and game-selection are great and all but it's the tags that'll make you rank higher in searches (if at all) and make you show up as suggested videos on the side of others stuff. Good tagging in a series means most of your new views will come from searches and suggested videos, personally I consider it good tagging if I get more than 20% of views from those (although I've only hit that consistently with one series so far).

Back