We have been warned, but we will fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, Mr Gingee here. Heard of SOPA? No! Well, We need to go against this s**t, because youtube could go down. Forever. Due too copyright infrigment. Heres TB talking about it. Hes a very serious man. THIS IS SERIOUS s**t.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think its a damn joke if it turns into law, the whole internet would be doomed if it was controlled to that extent. This forum could be closed down because of me using a Crysis avatar which is copyrighted if things become that silly. I dont know anyone who uses the internet who would turn around and say "I agree with this and want it to happen".

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It wont happen. Imagine is their like 7 billion people in the world? And if you check this website you'll be amazed by some of the stuff that happened every year. http://www.worldometers.info/ But still about 6.5 billion people who have used the internet in their lifetime who are alive. We are one of them, and 6.5 billion people versus maybe 1,000 people. I think we are already declared winners.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do hope so, I cant imagine an internet like that, Google would probably be killed off too for linking to illegal files or copyrighted images on image search and so on :(

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
It wouldn't affect you guys. Just us here in the United States. Besides, lots of credible countries have internet censorship: China, Vietnam, North Korea, Libya, Egypt...all real nice places.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It wouldn't affect you guys. Just us here in the United States. Besides, lots of credible countries have internet censorship: China, Vietnam, North Korea, Libya, Egypt...all real nice places.
It will in the long run, I would lose any American including you as a forum member because of my usual Crysis gaming avatar which is copyright of Crytek if they start pursuing things. I cant believe China has actually banned the BBC news website, its like cutting them off from information.

Imagine these were on the list for you Token:

http://asp-cyber.law.harvard.edu/filtering/list.html

I doubt it will ever be put in place mind you :)

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Heard a lot about this, and yeah, if this would happen, youtube could die. But the thing is, the inernet is the #1 place for companies to advertise, and if I can't watch a youtube video of a produc, I will probably not buy that product. I'm in gaming, and the biggest game of all, COD, is pretty much all about the youtube community. If this law were to go through, COD would die with it. Either that, or most companies would just allow us to post these videos, because it's free advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.