View count: your own views

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
For the smaller channels that get less than 300 views per video, this can be very annoying.
When you upload a video, usually you edit some annotations, make sure everything is working, and read comments. But every time you go to the video page, or your channel page if it's featured there, it counts the view.

So that way the viewcount keeps going up on your own views, I really hate that. I don't get that many views, but I do try to pay attention to how many people watch my video's. So when I have to edit a bunch of annotations and reply to comments, the viewcount loses its credibility.

I know you can view unique viewers on the insight page, but that doesn't always cover everything the way I'd like to see it.

Thoughts?

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It is a little annoying, although I usually just subtract the number of times i've visited the video from the total views

QMQuizology

TheTubeInn
Reaction score
Yes i know exactly what you mean, its so annoying cos you keep a count of the views but then your thinking to yourself how many times have i 'viewed' the video. You would think with todays technology it would only count you once, thats what cookies were made for.

Status
Not open for further replies.