"Video was removed for violating our community guidelines"

I just got this today too on one of my oldest, most popular animations. It had been up fine for years then out of nowhere the dreaded "misleading metadata" e-mail. They rejected my appeal. What I find frustrating is zero clarity on why. My best guess is they (or somebody) took issue with tags like, "Star Wars" or "Star Trek" on it. Thing is it was a science fiction parody making references to everything I tagged. This is the same exact thing as tagging, "The Dark Knight" for a Batman parody (it's pretty standard practice that people tag the title of the real thing for their parody). Needless to say its currently put a damper on me wanting to upload new things this week. Alas that's just my guess and I could be completely wrong about that being why. I wish they had a legitimate way of contact.

Sorry, just needed a bit of venting outside of cursing to myself. Ha. It was a very popular and well liked upload. I feel your pain.

same problem today for a free flash game :mad: The thumbnail is from the video game and i made 3 lines for the description without any tags....

Back