Unlisted Videos Going Private

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just thought I'd throw that out there. I have to review my unlisted videos, there are a few that I have linked in places, and in fact I think one has a video background for a website lol.

How is it going to affect you, if at all?

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Is that what's happening? They are getting rid of unlisted videos and turning them all private? Wouldn't affect me too much.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
The notice said "Unlisted videos that you uploaded before January 1, 2017 will automatically be made Private." I just read that we can opt-out of the change, or reupload them as new Unlisted vids. It is only affecting legacy vids. The newer Unlisted vids are not affected.

It only affects a few of mine anyway. There are 5 or 6 funeral vids I kept Unlisted, just for some out of the country family... and my father-in-law's funeral was a long time ago. They got 70 or so views initially and nothing since (big family). So Private is fine for those vids.

Here is a good article about it. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9230970?hl=en

crazy-logic

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah - i opted out of the change, as when my content becomes no longer technically correct I make them unlisted, but i know they are embedded in places as the view counts still go up.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wanted to move away from a series I had been doing for two years. I made a final episode but I didn't want those 100+ shows in my recent videos (at that time). I kept about a dozen public but unlisted the rest. They were still accessible in that show's playlist. Now that a couple years have past, I went ahead and made them all public again. I need to check and see what other videos are affected and see if it matters.