trouble uploading YouTube Thumbnail from Paint to Youtube

ItsVahola

I've Got It
Okay so here's the deal, I've managed to create a thumbnail for one of my YouTube videos through the "Paint" program on my computer once before. I tried uploading a custom made thumbnail that I've made via Paint on Youtube, but even when I save the thumbnail when I'm searching to open it. The colors don't even appear on the photo I was working on, and when I try to upload it as a thumbnail on youtube..youtube says..try again error. Somebody please give me some advice on what to do about this, and I'm sorry for my lack of proper grammar, and sentence structure.

I recommend using Photoshop and saving it in jpeg with a Quality of around 8-12. (I use 8 and it looks pretty good for only 100-300kb), Windows Paint isn't that Good as it doesn't give you much options when saving, you can get PS on trial or Gimp which is similar and free. :)

I'll move this to the graphics forum for you because it's not a YTtalk support issue :)

I agree with @Scobalula - Paint isn't ideal for thumbs. Check out Gimp or even http://pixlr.com/ (online editor) for free options.

Try sving the image as 1920 / 1080 and save as JPG only. for some reason it wont accept png for me.

Back