Thumbnail help

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I uploaded a video and put a thumbnail on it. I noticed after the fact that I had spelled a word wrong in the thumbnail. I fixed it and put the right photo up, But now the link still goes to the old thumbnail with the word spelled wrong. DO I have to re upload the video? if not how do I fix it. Thanks

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

I uploaded a video and put a thumbnail on it. I noticed after the fact that I had spelled a word wrong in the thumbnail. I fixed it and put the right photo up, But now the link still goes to the old thumbnail with the word spelled wrong. DO I have to re upload the video? if not how do I fix it. Thanks
It's probably just your local browser that is displaying the old version to you from its cache (because the thumbnail has the same filename) It's probably showing the correct version to everyone else

To solve it for you: Press CTRL-F5 on your keyboard when viewing the thumbnail on YouTube and that will force your browser to download the latest version.
If that doesn't work, clear your browser's cache and try again.
If that still doesn't work, change the name of the thumbnail image on your local hard drive and upload it again. Since it's a different filename, your browser will treat is a different file and will try to grab the latest version.

hth

Reactions: scott faulknor

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

It's probably just your local browser that is displaying the old version to you from its cache (because the thumbnail has the same filename) It's probably showing the correct version to everyone else

To solve it for you: Press CTRL-F5 on your keyboard when viewing the thumbnail on YouTube and that will force your browser to download the latest version.
If that doesn't work, clear your browser's cache and try again.
If that still doesn't work, change the name of the thumbnail image on your local hard drive and upload it again. Since it's a different filename, your browser will treat is a different file and will try to grab the latest version.

hth
Thank you.

Reactions: Crown