Splitting Monetization Profits

Punky

Member
So I work for IndieFeed Spoken Word internet radio, and we're thinking about putting together some video content featuring different spoken word artists, similar to Button Poetry, but with a bit more biographical content.

We would like to monetize this, as it's pretty much a labor of love right now. However, it's not really right to feature a poet's work and personality without compensating them in some way. We can't really pay them up front, and I don't think it's enough to say "It's great exposure!"

I'd like to split the profits with them somehow. How would we go about this? Would this be something I'd have to set up with YouTube? Or would we receive the money and then disburse it later, as per a legal agreement drafted and signed between ourselves and the featured poet?
 
So I work for IndieFeed Spoken Word internet radio, and we're thinking about putting together some video content featuring different spoken word artists, similar to Button Poetry, but with a bit more biographical content.

We would like to monetize this, as it's pretty much a labor of love right now. However, it's not really right to feature a poet's work and personality without compensating them in some way. We can't really pay them up front, and I don't think it's enough to say "It's great exposure!"

I'd like to split the profits with them somehow. How would we go about this? Would this be something I'd have to set up with YouTube? Or would we receive the money and then disburse it later, as per a legal agreement drafted and signed between ourselves and the featured poet?
I <3 Spoken Word!
 
There isn't an automated way to do this.

That said, Analytics breaks down the earnings for videos individually so it would be trivial to determine the overall earnings for a particular video and then distribute the money yourself accordingly.
 
Back
Top