Song in a game

Zeff Zane

Hello guys,

I bet that this question what I will going to write has been answered a billion times but... I have to ask anyway.
I would like to play a game and in that game are 2 songs (maybe more) which are by a developer under copyright. That developer told me that it's ok to make a Gameplay on this game and if YouTube will going to claim that I'm using third party content - I should just put there "I accept!" or "I agree!" and everything whould be ok.

I would like to ask you - More experienced people about this - Is it true? Can I really make a gameplay on this game and don't stress that I would get strike or something like this for playing that music from that game?

Thank you for your answer!

More detail please.

Most video game audio that is entered into ContentID is not the game soundtrack recorded and copyrighted by the developer. More often than not, it is licensed audio from an outside source which the developer does not have the rights to give you permission to use.

Generally speaking, is is best to turn off the music in a game before recording and remove any cutscenes.

More detail please.

Most video game audio that is entered into ContentID is not the game soundtrack recorded and copyrighted by the developer. More often than not, it is licensed audio from an outside source which the developer does not have the rights to give you permission to use.

Generally speaking, is is best to turn off the music in a game before recording and remove any cutscenes.
Hey Tarmack,

it's this game - gamejolt.com/games/action/rock-simulator-2014/28341/ - I was thinking about really small gameplay on it but without music it's useless... It's so ridiculous that it's funny xD

Back