Skype?

LMO

Reaction score
Website
www.lastmovieoutpost.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I've been using Skype for NDI connections as it lets me have separate video windows to arrange in streamlabs. Is there other programs besides Skype that do well with that? Is there something that most people use with OBS/Streamlabs or is Skype the typical use? When I do interviews, I'd like to have some options for people if they don't like or use skype.

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, if you don't mind fussing with unknown programs, OBS.Ninja is kind of cool. OBS.Ninja is browser based.
I've only used it in a testing environment, never for a real production. I wanted to use it because using OBS.Ninja and OBS Studio would allow me to record each person's voice on a different track to help in post production for a higher end result (hopefully). It would allow me to increasing the volume, cutting out coughing, in post.
I would
suggest watching videos on how it's used because I personally needed to watch some videos to wrap my head around the program.
OBS.Ninja does have a limit on the number of people you can have on a stable call because it's peer to peer and also free... i think around 10. anything more an the
quality starts to take a big hit.

I've also heard people use Discord, but
I've never used it for video chat and I think even less non gamer people use discord.