Gaming SimCity Collab

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The new SimCity game will be released in about a week (march 7th or 8th here in Europe) and it brings multiplayer! Whoohoo! I have been looking forward to this release for ages and now it's so close.

Of course I am going to dedicate a lot of time to this game on my channel, but with the new multiplayer thing this game is kind of screaming for a collaboration. Also because there tends to be little action on screen to keep the viewer focused, there needs to be some talking, planning and general conversation going on to keep things interesting.

So, what I'm looking for is 1 person who will be getting this game at release. Introducing more people and cities later is an option I'm going to keep very open but I don't want to make things too complicated at first.

I do have a small list of requirements and guidelines I would like any applicants to understand and follow.
  • Own the game at launch or directly after (march 10th at the latest). You can get it for fairly cheap at game code sites.
  • Have some basic understanding of what SimCity is and how it works. Preferably have quite a few flight hours in previous SimCity games.
  • Be in the EU timezone or close by. I am pretty flexible when it comes to recording during the daytime but I can not stay up past midnight GMT.
  • Speak and understand English, obviously.
  • Be able to play for at least 30 minutes at a time and willing to play the game for several weeks.
  • Have a good quality microphone and Skype. Or access to some other voice application like TeamSpeak.
  • Since we will both be building in our own cities you can record your own gameplay and upload your point of view to your own channel with a back link to mine. I will do the same for you.
  • Episode lengths and upload dates need to be the same for both channels. Can't have one channel showing 1 hour of gameplay while the other shows only 15 minutes.
To play SimCity you will need an Origin account. If you are interested in joining me for this project please let me know in this topic or send me a private message.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
The new SimCity game will be released in about a week (march 7th or 8th here in Europe) and it brings multiplayer! Whoohoo! I have been looking forward to this release for ages and now it's so close.

Of course I am going to dedicate a lot of time to this game on my channel, but with the new multiplayer thing this game is kind of screaming for a collaboration. Also because there tends to be little action on screen to keep the viewer focused, there needs to be some talking, planning and general conversation going on to keep things interesting.

So, what I'm looking for is 1 person who will be getting this game at release. Introducing more people and cities later is an option I'm going to keep very open but I don't want to make things too complicated at first.

I do have a small list of requirements and guidelines I would like any applicants to understand and follow.
  • Own the game at launch or directly after (march 10th at the latest). You can get it for fairly cheap at game code sites.
  • Have some basic understanding of what SimCity is and how it works. Preferably have quite a few flight hours in previous SimCity games.
  • Be in the EU timezone or close by. I am pretty flexible when it comes to recording during the daytime but I can not stay up past midnight GMT.
  • Speak and understand English, obviously.
  • Be able to play for at least 30 minutes at a time and willing to play the game for several weeks.
  • Have a good quality microphone and Skype. Or access to some other voice application like TeamSpeak.
  • Since we will both be building in our own cities you can record your own gameplay and upload your point of view to your own channel with a back link to mine. I will do the same for you.
  • Episode lengths and upload dates need to be the same for both channels. Can't have one channel showing 1 hour of gameplay while the other shows only 15 minutes.
To play SimCity you will need an Origin account. If you are interested in joining me for this project please let me know in this topic or send me a private message.
I`m still debating whether to get this or not...
every time EA come about with an update about this game it`s something bad :(

I may get it anyway though even just for YouTube and just a few hours of fun.

Do you know how much the basic version costs on Origin? I heard it was 80$ or something crazy like that?

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's why you shouldn't get it trough Origin. Getting a key from some legit gaming website saved me about 20 bucks.

As for the game, I was very skeptical about it at first. At the point of absolutely refusing to get it. But the more I saw about this game and the more I read the more enthusiastic I got and now I can't wait until it's released :D.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
That's why you shouldn't get it trough Origin. Getting a key from some legit gaming website saved me about 20 bucks.

As for the game, I was very skeptical about it at first. At the point of absolutely refusing to get it. But the more I saw about this game and the more I read the more enthusiastic I got and now I can't wait until it's released :D.
They only sell it via origin

Kanashimi

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I sadly won't know when this will be at my door until March 8th. I was in the beta and I've pre-ordered it, but I always get a hardcopy over anything. So I have to wait for Amazon to deliver it.