Should I collaborate with a major Youtuber who I'm not a fan of?

Serious question for you all: I have the opportunity to collaborate with one of Youtube's biggest comedy names, which would drive a lot of traffic to my channel. I like the guy as a person, and he's super cool, but his comedy style is not for me and I'm not a huge fan of his videos. I think the collab we talked about could be great though. I'm risking losing the respect of some of my other friends in comedy who don't find this guy to be that funny, which is the major problem. Has anyone found themselves in this situation? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place where I could do the collab, gain a ton of viewership, but potentially rub some of my friends the wrong way... OR I could say no to the collab, keep my friends happy, and not get the boost in viewership.

Honestly no idea what I should do yet about this situation...

YESSSSS! DO IT!

HEY BY THE WAY... I WATCHED YOUR MAGICIAN SPOOF VIDEOS LAST YEAR ALREADY:)

I DO MAGIC AS A PROFESSIONALLY MYSELF

I'm risking losing the respect of some of my other friends in comedy who don't find this guy to be that funny,

This is not a good enough reason. If your collab partner did jokes that offended some demographic groups, then that could be a reflection on you. If he's just not 'that' funny, then that is your opportunity to shine!

I don't see why you would throw that oppotunity away like that. You gotta take risks at some points of your career. If I was in that situation, I'd think of a worse-case scenario from either going ahead with it or not.

Serious question for you all: I have the opportunity to collaborate with one of Youtube's biggest comedy names, which would drive a lot of traffic to my channel. I like the guy as a person, and he's super cool, but his comedy style is not for me and I'm not a huge fan of his videos. I think the collab we talked about could be great though. I'm risking losing the respect of some of my other friends in comedy who don't find this guy to be that funny, which is the major problem. Has anyone found themselves in this situation? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place where I could do the collab, gain a ton of viewership, but potentially rub some of my friends the wrong way... OR I could say no to the collab, keep my friends happy, and not get the boost in viewership.

Honestly no idea what I should do yet about this situation...

You say that you like the guy as a person and you think the collab that you talked about could be great! If it's something that you would like to do, who are your friends to judge that? If they're friends I'm sure they'll understand that you like the guy and have got a great collab idea going. Maybe they'll even really enjoy your finished video with the guy! Just do it and have fun!! :):):)

If it will make you happy it's worth it.
If it has potential to boost your channel it's worth it.

It sounds to me like your more concerned on your friends opinions than anything else. With that being said, true friends will be happy with your potential growth, even if they're not too fond of the method. I think if you yourself would be happy doing it, then do it.

If you decide on a collaboration format, that you and the guy you're talking about is really good, the outcome should be good as well, even if you don't like the humour he has in his other videos.

it's not your fault your friends is going to get angry with you, and they're not the ones deciding what you do with your channel. if they will keep being angry at you, i would even go to the length and say they're not real friends.

i hope you figure it out man!

I would go with it. Since this is your channel you get to decide what you wanna do for your channel. Not your friends don't let them hold you back. Just because they don't think his content is good shouldn't stop you from collaborating with him. You guys might be able to make a different kind of content that your friends might like.

If your comedy would match up yeah, if not then no because most of the traffic coming from it might not like your different humor etc plus it might just come off as awkward like pewdiepie when he played games with ppl like dodger and jesse cox

Back