Reddit to promote my youtube channel.

Reaction score
I have a reddit account, which I have not used so far. I am thinking of using it to promote my channel. Request the seasoned members to advise me how to do that without spamming.

ItsMeJackP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yeah it's worth posting your stuff in relevant subs, or maybe in /r/videos

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Strangely enough I got banned on R/Videos, because I think I posted to much, so be careful on that subreddit!
As said, you could pst on relevant subreddits, as long as you treat it like any other forum!
You could also create your own subsreddit!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As an experiment recently I created my own subreddit on reddit with the same name as my channel and started posting the new videos there. So far there is only 1 subscriber to the reddit (me) and an issue that I can foresee is that these new videos will show as crossposted if someone else shares them. This will or most probably will not give me any results, but I did it for the experiment anyway. On Facebook I gained around 200 followers by freebooters, who reuploaded my videos to popular groups, so I am just waiting to see if it similar will happen on reddit.

Cory91

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We shared one of our videos about a new wrestling promotion from AEW and it worked really well. Though I think it's good if you post regularly in the subreddits as well to not seem like you're just self promoting.

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I guess it's the same with every community. Try to participate and interact with the other members and don't just post your stuff and leave.
I guess there are a lot of fitness related subreddits, so you can try to get into these and other youtube / video related subbreddits.

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
Sometimes it works out really well, most times it doesn't. I just depends on where you share it.

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
I’ve been on reddit for awhile and I just gotta say follow the unofficial official 1/10 rule. For every 9 non promo posts you get 1 promo post for the sub. So take r/videos, post 9 other interesting videos or topics before posting 1 of your own.

And don’t just post stuff, comment too. Be apart of the communities, redditers look at and remember usernames. Keep a good reputation and don’t be a jerk. people will go through your post history and see the kind of person you are online. And that’ll play apart in then watching videos you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serksunn

Reaction score
just dont spam your videos and you should be ok

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Welcome again to the forums. Hope you're finding it useful

That being said - please don't reply to threads that are over 2 years old with last reply also from nearly 2 years ago.
this thread was made February 2019 last reply May 2019.

also all users on this thread haven't logged on in months and most haven't in almost 2 years.