Recording off the computer?

xXxTJEERDSMAxXx

Hey guys back again with another questions, I just recently got the HD PVR 2 and my question is, Can I record off my computer with it? I dont have an hdmi on my computer so how would I hook it up to it? If that not an opition to me what programs are out there?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think using a capture device for pc. It's mostly for PS3 or Xbox360. You can use fraps for recording gameplays on pc, but that's just a suggestion from me. There are plenty of other recording softwares out there but I recommend fraps.

I think you can but you need a HDMI monitor and its tricky, use fraps or dxtory software, dxtory will take less of a hit on your system if you set it up right and use the right codec

Hey guys back again with another questions, I just recently got the HD PVR 2 and my question is, Can I record off my computer with it? I dont have an hdmi on my computer so how would I hook it up to it? If that not an opition to me what programs are out there?

Thanks in advance!

No you can't sadly. You need Fraps (PC) or Screenflow (Mac). a PVR is simply designed to record from the television or video recorder etc.

Just found out ( if you was to have hdmi on your pc or monitor ) you can actually record on your hdpvr 2, youtube it its been done :)

Thanks everyone for all your answers, I will look into it all :) I guess if i really want to I can just plug my desktop into my tv and do it that way. But thanks again!!

i think you should be able to record the computer with it, but im afraid you will then have to open up the case and mess around with cables, connecting it to the PVR. i can be wrong though

in order to record your PC with a capture card you need 2 PC's (unless your computer is a total BEAST) you will then need adapters that change your DVI (or whatever output your pc is) to a HDMI plug that into the HDPVR then have the HDMI output going into a HDMI monitor or into another adapter to then plug into your normal monitor. Personally I use fraps, It makes HUGE files and don't even think I'm joking.. 15 minutes of Portal 2 makes a 11GB file for me :') there is also camtasia which makes much smaller files though :)

Thanks in advance!

For PC recording i would 100% recommend KRUT

Back